1.    #1  
    I ask because I received my Pixi last Wednesday, upgraded to 1.4.5, and I've been using it for about five days now...the GPS works fine.

In fact it works better than fine. Google Maps has not yet failed to open with a good lock.

I hear that some people's Pres take a week before the GPSes get lobotomized. Is that the case with the Pixi, or have I actually struck a bit of gold and Pixi users have great GPS?
    Only time will tell...
    - James Harris

Author of:
    WhitePages, FlashCards (and FlashCards Lite), GPS Fix, Anonymous Texter, TripThat, and Mobile Florist

Follow me on Twitter and Facebook
    I've had my Pixi Plus since May and I would have to say YES they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by twilightomni View Post
    I ask because I received my Pixi last Wednesday, upgraded to 1.4.5, and I've been using it for about five days now...the GPS works fine.

In fact it works better than fine. Google Maps has not yet failed to open with a good lock.

I hear that some people's Pres take a week before the GPSes get lobotomized. Is that the case with the Pixi, or have I actually struck a bit of gold and Pixi users have great GPS?
    there are reports of 1.4.5 improving the gps. hasn't been my experience, but there are some that have reported a faster lock.

are you using any of the gps patches?
    Agree with OP, my wife's Verizon Pixi Plus GPS locks on more often and faster on Google Maps than my Verizon Pre Plus. Her Pixi does not have any GPS patches or apps to fix the GPS. But that always seem to be the case even before 1.4.5.
  6.    #6  
    I don't have any GPS patches...I do have Mode Switcher and Uberkernel, but I just use Palm Default with Compcache enabled.
    Before judging GPS, it's important to (a) turn *off* Google Location, leaving only GPS enabled under Location Services and (b) doing a full power off/battery pull and wait awhile before repowering to get a better sense of whether you're getting a current reading or relying on a cached one. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  8.    #8  
    I'd agree, but Google Location can only give a approximate guess.

Just now, I couldn't get any lock at all when I pulled up Google Maps - not even an approximate 5-mile radius lock [like location just refused to work].

But, I just closed and relaunched Google Maps, and now yet again I have a good solid (<100m error) GPS lock. I'm pretty sure that's legit.

But, I will turn off my Google Services and try rebooting this afternoon, just for throughness.
    Are you outside and away from tall buildings?

I think 1.4.5 gives a HUGE improvement on the speed and accuracy of the GPS, in my phone's experience.. no apps or patches..

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

10.    #10  
    Yup, cruising down the interstate outside Columbia, South Carolina. That was today, GPS worked just fine after Maps launched with a lock in less than twenty seconds.

It's now officially a week since the phone arrived. I'll keep an eye on it.