1.    #1  
    Hello All,

I currently have the coveted $150 upgrade and am considering between the Pixi and the Epic. I have had the Pre since it came out and have enjoyed the OS and the functionality thorooughly. I also enjoy the form factor but would like to have a non-slider. The Pixi seems like it may be a good fit for me but ive been reading a lot about how it can be more sluggish and a lot more troublesome than the Pre. Is this true and are people able to fix this with patches or have the OS updates done anything to rectify these issues? Like I said i am considering the Epic as well but would be happy with the Pixi...I dont want to make form factor the decider at the cost of functionality. So i am at your mercy, please help.

Thanks all.
    if you use your phone for basic stuff, you will enjoy the pixi. if you are going to use it to watch movies and replace your desktop PC, not so much.

you could also try the epic knowing you could sell it for enough to buy a couple of used Pixis.
  3.    #3  
    Cantaffordit,

Thanks for the quick reply. Not using it to replace my PC but i do use the email and browser quite a bit...
    email and browsing should be good on both. the epic has a much larger screen for browsing, but it's primary claim is games & media in addition to the huge app catalog.
  5.    #5  
    yea, I'm not sure I'll get around to messing with all the features on the Epic. My last two questions; do Pre batteries fit in the Pixi and will it receive the web os 2.0?
    I have the Pre, my girlfriend has the Pixi. She likes the form factor of the Pixi over the pre and the keyboard is a bit easier to type on because there are no "obstructions" in the two upper corners, but she hates the smaller screen and slightly lower resolution.

For texting it is fine, but for web access it is less than desirable. She will be switching to the Evo at the first of the year if there is not a new Palm phone available with a larger screen.

From a guy's perspective, I would have a hard time telling people that my phone is a Pixi, but that's just me!
    the pre batteries will fit in the pixi. i just got a few extra off Amazon.com for like $8 shipped. i like the pixi, so much so i bought two, and a pre. Sprint or Verizon?
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  8.    #8  
    sprint. Got my batteries off of Amazon as well, greatd deals.
    then fingers crossed it gets the 2.0 update, if they dont, ill be selling my 2 pixi's for pre plus's...
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  10.    #10  
    thanks all for your help...got my Pixi and i think im going to happily wait for Web OS 2.0
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    funny..im in the opposite realm, where i've had a pixi, but do ALOT on it and would love the better screen/resolution and processor...the pici DOES seem way bogged down sometimes and I dunno if Govna really can/will help with that. Or maybe i dont know the most efficient settings for it for me?

Anyways, i need to view some more pixi vs pre debates as I'm replacing my pixi with another pixi but really want to try a Pre for the cheap if I could....ah trade a new pixi for a new pre?...hm, if only.