Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    mmmmmm someone make sure this gets front page news once its released to Preware feeds (if ever, if its stable enough) !!!
  2.    #62  
    #Pixi @ 748Mhz clocks in at ~20s for Sunspider, approx 5s or 20% faster. A stock #Pre running 1.4.5 clocks in at around 21s.

This is a tweet from Warthogkernel. I recco following his tweets if you are looking forward to overclocking a pixi.
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
    Quote Originally Posted by stu5797 View Post
    #Pixi @ 748Mhz clocks in at ~20s for Sunspider, approx 5s or 20% faster. A stock #Pre running 1.4.5 clocks in at around 21s.

This is a tweet from Warthogkernel. I recco following his tweets if you are looking forward to overclocking a pixi.
    So, you have successfully memboot'd as well with no issues?
    That makes 2 people at least on here that have done it with no problems...
    hrm..still contemplating if I should try or not lol.
    yes, I am using the kernel released by codecrumb. Just follow @warthogkernel max temp running sunspider was 40 gonna clear out my running apps and run sunspider again to get a good benchmark

edit: sunspider ran in 21s. Compcache enabled running ondemandctl with 122mhz low and 748mhz high
    Last edited by pezman726; 10/11/2010 at 07:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    yes, I am using the kernel released by codecrumb. Just follow @warthogkernel max temp running sunspider was 40 gonna clear out my running apps and run sunspider again to get a good benchmark

edit: sunspider ran in 21s. Compcache enabled running ondemandctl with 122mhz low and 748mhz high
    So...have you installed it as the "permanent" kernel by placing it in the filesystem or still just membooting it?

Also, for comparisons sake, have you tried the normal kernel @ 600mhz vs the modified kernel @ 600mhz using sunspider, to see if there is any abnormal slowdowns as result of kernel mods?
    uberkernel w/ compcache @ 24mb ~24 sec for sunspider
    oc kernel w/ compcache @ 24mb ~21 sec

will run at 600 in a minute.

yes, I am still membooting

EDIT: put govnah settings back to my default (1st UK setting) and my phone rebooted on me. I'll memboot back to OC kernel tomorrow.
    Last edited by pezman726; 10/11/2010 at 08:52 PM.
    Is this for 1.4.5? or no? and is it ok to do it on Sprint Pixi? Reason I ask is I see something on twitter warthog about only ATT pixi @ 1.4.3
    Last edited by GenTarkin; 10/11/2010 at 09:00 PM.
    that was probably because codecrumb's isn't an att and it is the only one still without 1.4.5 I'm on 1.4.3
  9.    #69  
    Experimental Pixi overclocking. Donations needed for test de... on Twitpic

check this out!!! 800plus! Dreams are coming true! Please donate to help the cause in rwhitbys signature. I donated yesterday and more to come
    We've started a new thread with a more appropriate title at http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2705517

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by pezman726 View Post
    that was probably because codecrumb's isn't an att and it is the only one still without 1.4.5 I'm on 1.4.3
    Doh, well I membooted my Sprint Pixi 1.4.5 w/ the test kernel...everything running fine I tested up to 787mhz, but Im gonna restore stock, cuz it seems like it lags alot more on the UI then the normal uberkernel, and this may be because of my webos version mismatch with what this boot image is designed to run with.
  12.    #72  
    how did you like it????
    Well I think programs run faster but the UI transitions are clunky and way slower.
    I just clocked in at 21seconds @ 787mhz w/ sunspider.

I think the issues Im experiencing is like I said above, Im using the 1.4.3 kernel on a 1.4.5 build Sprint pixi...so, until the sprint pixi 1.4.5 gets hacked...I will be stuck at this performance.

BUT, Im freakin excited to see these numbers!!!! Love oc'n hehe.
    try changing ondemandtcl to 0.1 instead of 0.2 seconds

see if that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by codecrumb View Post
    try changing ondemandtcl to 0.1 instead of 0.2 seconds

see if that helps
    Already did that, even tested performance gov and still lags in that.
  16.    #76  
    Did you visit the doctor?
    *Patchers STILL make this phone Perfect!
    Palm Devices Currently Owned: Pre, Pre Plus, Pre 2, Pre 3, Pixi, Veer, Touchpads, and too many touchstones!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234