1.    #1  
    Suddenly today my Palm Pixi started going insane. I have no cracks in my screen, I haven't dropped it or banged it into anything, but today whenever it is turned on the very top bar of the touchscreen is acting like someone is touching it over and over rapidly. It gives the little touch mark all across the top of the screen, back and forth-constantly opening up the menu for editing and the menu for turning on/off airplane mode. It's making the phone unfunctional. Any ideas or fixes? I've restarted both Luna and the phone to no avail.
    there must be a full moon tonight:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...n-problem.html
    Do a hard reset(Batt Pull), or run a doc on the device. Doctor versions: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals.

Good luck. :-D
    processor is going out , just got mine (pre) replaced . Better take it back quick. I believe this happens if it gets over heated !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    +1 my wifes pixi did this when the temp was up around in the 50's. cooled it down and it stopped... touching itself...
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
    my pixi did this when i plugged my old blackberry curve 8900 charger into it...it fit...it just made my phone go crazy...so im guessing you have to use the charger that came with it....the blackberry car charger works fine tho lol
    "I get by with a little help from my friends, get high with a little help from my friends."
    -The Beatles

My Device History

Went a year without a Palm and had to go back lol
    i have 3 pixis and 1 pre. i have almost all the touchstone backs. 2 of my pixis have now gone crazy touchscreen.

i have not idea which charger to use? they are all from palm?
    Quote Originally Posted by kee_ellis_09 View Post
    my pixi did this when i plugged my old blackberry curve 8900 charger into it...it fit...it just made my phone go crazy...so im guessing you have to use the charger that came with it....the blackberry car charger works fine tho lol
    A shielded cable will work fine. An unshielded one leaks voltage which makes the screen go nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by diestarbucksdie View Post
    Suddenly today my Palm Pixi started going insane. I have no cracks in my screen, I haven't dropped it or banged it into anything, but today whenever it is turned on the very top bar of the touchscreen is acting like someone is touching it over and over rapidly. It gives the little touch mark all across the top of the screen, back and forth-constantly opening up the menu for editing and the menu for turning on/off airplane mode. It's making the phone unfunctional. Any ideas or fixes? I've restarted both Luna and the phone to no avail.
    Switch on your Pixi, keep the screen on, Hold it against a CRT/Tube TV, switch on the TV, and turn it off. The static from the TV will activate the touch screen.

Source: Worked for me, and a couple other people:

Switch on your Pixi, keep the screen on, Hold it against a CRT/Tube TV, switch on the TV, and turn it off. The static from the TV will activate the touch screen.

Source: Worked for me, and a couple other people:

uaddit.com / discussions / showthread . php ? t=13110

All The best!