1.    #1  
    I bought a Pixi Plus last thursday ( I'm in the UK BTW ) and thought there was something fishy about it but being protected by the mighty e-bay I pushed on.

So I received it and found it wasn't the perfect condition it was described as due to a small scratch on the face but the ear piece and the original rubber back being pull all out of shape by the USB port.

Anyway I didn't really worry as it was cheap and I had a new Touchstone back so put my O2 Sim in and off I went.

fast forward to yesterday lunchtime when the phone suddenly showed no network coverage ( SOS Only ) and a message in the notification area saying Phone not allowed (6) please contact service provider.

I spoke to O2 who told me everything was fine with my account and the phone was not barred on there network ( although I'm not really sure they understood what that ment )
    I tried a different O2 Sim in the phone but got the same message.

This is now really weird so I call Palm and have a long chat with them where they tell to try restoring the firmware which I did but now the phone gets stuck booting up on the lanaguage selection...

I'm now fighting with the seller now to take the phone back I've just found out that the phone was originally on Spain's Vodafone network and thats the reason Palm are telling me it won't work O2 but it did before.... Palm also so Vodafone may have blocked the phone from working on the O2 network but I'm not sure thats even possible.

Just wondered if anyone has any thoughts.

I suspect the phone was stolen in Spain and being sold in the UK but I'm unsure how my o2 sim card ever worked as these phones are locked...

I'm just trying to re-flash the phone with the correct Vodafone firmware rather than o2's but not sure thats' going to make much difference.

The phone is still under warranty with palm but they have told me that they will return it Spain Vodafone locked which is useless to me.
    :-(

Unhappy
    Last edited by BigladUK; 09/29/2010 at 06:26 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Yeap, had UK O2 coverage for 3 or 4 days then suddenly broken.

Not really sure what if any options I have unless O2 will remove the Bar for this EMEI number.

Nice to know what the 6 message means though

Thanks

Si
    Quote Originally Posted by BigladUK View Post
    Yeap, had UK O2 coverage for 3 or 4 days then suddenly broken.

Not really sure what if any options I have unless O2 will remove the Bar for this EMEI number.

Nice to know what the 6 message means though

Thanks

Si
    You would have to ask whoever put the IMEI block on it to remove it.
    How did you pay on ebay, I recommend getting a refund.

Pip
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    You would have to ask whoever put the IMEI block on it to remove it.
    How did you pay on ebay, I recommend getting a refund.

Pip
    PayPal so I'm hoping ebay sorts this out.

I know I've had a shirty guy I sold something too demanding a refund and before I could do anything paypal had taken back the funds from me so lets hope it works that well now the shoe is on the other foot

Si
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    I've heard from at least one guy who had this message show up on his device in the UK, who contacted O2 and they cleared the IMEI. I think in that case it wasn't even reported stolen or lost.

Not sure if the 6 message isn't used for other scenarios as well though, so don't quote me on that. You'll have a hard time find ref for that on the internet. The closest you'll get are generic Blackberry messages if I remember correctly. Then again, I'm no expert. Just a parrot with a hard drive.
    I'm going to have another go at them and see if the will remove the bar.

I'm still confused how a Spanish Vodafone mobile is unlocked for an o2 sim card still SIM locked for other UK networks....I thought it was either on or off, not selective

Si
    I'm now fighting with the seller now to take the phone back I've just found out that the phone was originally on Spain's Vodafone network and thats the reason Palm are telling me it won't work O2 but it did before.... Palm also so Vodafone may have blocked the phone from working on the O2 network but I'm not sure thats even possible.
    I guess that if Vodaphone and O2 had a roaming agreement there would have to be some exchange of information about valid phones. Maybe it took a few days to filter throught the system and be identified. Just pure guess work on my part though. Could be completely wrong.
  7.    #7  
    Did you raise the case via Ebay's dispute centre or PayPal ?

Just spoke to o2 again who assure me the EMEI is not being blocked by them....all very strange.

Si
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I guess that if Vodaphone and O2 had a roaming agreement there would have to be some exchange of information about valid phones. Maybe it took a few days to filter throught the system and be identified. Just pure guess work on my part though. Could be completely wrong.
    Sounds more than plausible.

I guess I'll just have to see how ebay/paypal manage this

Si
    Did you raise the case via Ebay's dispute centre or PayPal ?

Just spoke to o2 again who assure me the EMEI is not being blocked by them....all very strange.

Si
    If you payed using PayPal, all ebay disputes are handled and settled by PayPal.
    (at least, that's the info I have)
  10.    #10  
    I created an ebay dispute this morning which she replied too suggesting I'd tried to unlock the phone LOL

I've just raised one in PayPal now moving it straight to claim status so hopefully it should resolved shortly.

All a very nasty business plus I bought a touchtone and wall charger so I'm going to need to get a new one I think.

Anyone have any clue if a new V2 will be coming out ?

Si