1.    #1  
    My normal college day with a cellular device consist of texting, and that would be all. I had no internet prior to Monday morning. Yesterday evening when I received my Palm pixi, that all changed. I was able to browse my favorite sites, use applications, multi-task, etc.. Today when I went to school with my pixi, all was fine, except for my spotty reception. I had leisure time on my hands, so I listened to pandora, texted, and browsed. Then BOOM it hit me! I had no battery for my other classes basically. I took my Pixi off the charger this morning at around 7:35. It died around 1................. :'(
    buy extra batteries. you won't be able to stop using your phone because it can do so many cool things!
    Battery Tips that work for me

1.) Carry your charger with you, maybe ull have free time to go to the library or somewhere theres a plug anf just give if phone some extra juice

2.) brightness: Lower it to its lowest... go to screen and lock turn brightness to lowest, and turn off after 30 seconds.

3.) What version of webos are you running? I did this bc someone posted it on here and it seems to speed up my phone a tiny bit, better recption, and a bit of better battery, go to the keypad like your making a phone call and press ##3836# it will say Hybrid Rev A click it and go to Hybrid Rev 0 and hit save. It will reconfigure and when its done u should be alright.

4.) ive noticed other free radio apps like pandora that laod faster try slacker radio free from the app catalog.

5.) lastly, when your in class, and say your not texting or using the net go to your phone dialer and press the top left where it says sprint. a drop down menu will come and you will see preferences scroll down to data usage and turn it off.... that means well ur data is off... no internet, no looking for a signal to try to connect... also turn wi fi off. you will still be able to text but no getting on net... saves battery any other questions you can pm me
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post

1.) Carry your charger with you, maybe ull have free time to go to the library or somewhere theres a plug anf just give if phone some extra juice

2.) brightness: Lower it to its lowest... go to screen and lock turn brightness to lowest, and turn off after 30 seconds.

3.) What version of webos are you running? I did this bc someone posted it on here and it seems to speed up my phone a tiny bit, better recption, and a bit of better battery, go to the keypad like your making a phone call and press ##3836# it will say Hybrid Rev A click it and go to Hybrid Rev 0 and hit save. It will reconfigure and when its done u should be alright.

4.) ive noticed other free radio apps like pandora that laod faster try slacker radio free from the app catalog.

5.) lastly, when your in class, and say your not texting or using the net go to your phone dialer and press the top left where it says sprint. a drop down menu will come and you will see preferences scroll down to data usage and turn it off.... that means well ur data is off... no internet, no looking for a signal to try to connect... also turn wi fi off. you will still be able to text but no getting on net... saves battery any other questions you can pm me
    I'm running the latest one. Thank you for the Rev 0 information.
  5.    #5  
    I'm on sprint.
    welcome rafa
    +1 on the Hybrid Rev 0 tip. Also you can find additional battery life tips here: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...life-tips.html

You will find that your battery life will improve after a week to ten days with a new phone.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerNamedfTony07 View Post

Awesome tips! Thanks so much Tiger I just did the Hybrid Rev 0 and hopfully that will help me with better reception, that would be awesome. It's really appreciated, would have never know you could do that if I didn't read this post
    oh your welcome bella, but it was someone elses post, i dont remember who so i cant take the credit but its appreciated on his/her behalf i think you will have better reception n some speed. i did a mobile speed test with rev a and than rev 0 and rev o was a hell of a lot faster
    Since you have the Sprint Pixi, there is no wifi on your phone. If you change the EVDO Rev A to EVDO Rev 0, you should be aware that you will get better battery life, but EVDO Rev A is 25% faster at downloading and up to 800% faster at uploading (and has lower latency). Therefore, it may feel like your phone is slowing down a little bit.

Just FYI...

With these settings, you have to pick between speed and battery life. If you buy an extra battery or can charge it while in class or something like that, then keep the speed. Play around with it both ways and determine which you prefer.
    Thanks for helping up rlangley i knew some of what i did but i didnt know u sacraficed a bit too
  12.    #12  
    Very much appreciated rlangley21.
    Anytime... these forums and the people in this online community are quite helpful. I pretty much knew nothing about phones until I started hanging around here. Feel free to browse to learn and ask questions.
    Thanks Tiger and rlangley, really appreciate your comments