Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a palm pixi yesterday and like it a lot but I can't get the preware to download on my phone I did everything correctly but when I click the install button it says error and says my device can't be recognized can some please help me asap...thanks
    You need to put it in developer mode. Type: webos20090606, and turn dev mode on.
    You can also check the Preware page at webOS Internals for instructions.
  4.    #4  
    I already did both of those things
    Then novacomd isn't enable, or java is not running. You can enable novacomd in webosQI. Ps. Restart your pc and phone. Also, connect your usb cable into a different usb port on your pc.

Good luck. :-D
    Last edited by RUSH; 09/27/2010 at 08:43 PM.
  6.    #6  
    ok could you please tell me how to do that I new to webos and palm
    You can also try rebooting your computer.
  8.    #8  
    i tried to do it one of the other ways and this is the error message i keep on getting...

Unable to connect to Novacom. Check driver is running.
    Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

and i updated my java so idt thats the problem either
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    By the way, do you know what version of webOS you have on the phone? Should be in Device Info under "Version:", but if it's not the latest version 1.4.5, make sure you update it to that first...After that try this...Open the WebOS Quick Install on your computer...go to File>Options...on the pop up window select "Attempt Novacom (re)installation"...once it's done, plug in your Pixi to USB and select "Just Charge"...try install Preware again...if still error, try a restart and start from where you plug in phone again.
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackice20021114 View Post
    i tried to do it one of the other ways and this is the error message i keep on getting...

Unable to connect to Novacom. Check driver is running.
    Error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

and i updated my java so idt thats the problem either
    You don't have novacomd running on your Pc. Enable webosQI and look at the top left, tap file then you should see the option to install novacomd. Or just follow these steps: Application:Preware - WebOS Internals. Good Luck.
  11.    #11  
    yea i have webos 1.4.5 already
    Follow the link I provide, or install novocomd and you should be good to go.

Take Care..and good luck.
    I know this is probably the wrong place but I need some help. Palm pre in developer mode, webosquickinstall and webdoctor already installed. Trying to download preware to my phone. My computer wants to install a novacom driver but can't find it. After that it just keeps trying to connect and does nothing. I have rebooted the phone and the computer several times and at the end of my technical knowledge. Any suggestions?
  14.    #14  
    ok i reinstalled the frivers and still the same error come up...coupl it be because my usb cord im using is not the official palm pixi cable?...and i have rebooted both my phone and cpu a couple times
    Ignore my original post, I failed to read this user had the same problem. Going to try what they need to try.
    ok i reinstalled the frivers and still the same error come up...coupl it be because my usb cord im using is not the official palm pixi cable?...and i have rebooted both my phone and cpu a couple times
    There are usually problems using third party cables. Get the original palm usb cable, follow all instruction and you should be good. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jntpkt View Post
    Ignore my original post, I failed to read this user had the same problem. Going to try what they need to try.
    Yep, follow all instruction inside the link. Best of luck.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    blackice...the cable shouldn't normally matter, but some have been known not to work well with the Ppalm phones...Try and check under your Control Panel> Uninstall Programs, and see if Novacomd is listed in there. If it's in there, uninstall it and try to install it using the WebOS Quick Install method I posted above. When it's installing, the window will look like nothing is going on, but leave it alone for a couple minutes, then go back and try connecting your Pixi one last time.

By the way, are you getting the "USB Drive" or "Just Charge" options on your phone when plugging in the USB cable? If not, then maybe there is a problem with your cable. Try and find an official cable, or even one from a Blackberry(I've used this one myself).
    Last edited by Solen; 09/27/2010 at 09:26 PM.
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
  18.    #18  
    yea its showing the USB options so i know it has to be recognizing it
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    yea its showing the USB options so i know it has to be recognizing it
    Unfortunately, this doesn't always mean it's communicating correctly for use with programs like WebOS Quick Install. I have one Logitech micro USB cable that reads for charging and USB drive, but does not communicate with WebOS Quick Install at all. Just try and use the official cable if you can, or find a buddies Blackberry Micro USB cable, as I know those work too. From your previous posts though it still sounds like a Novacomd driver problem so you gotta look into that...
  20.    #20  
    yea the Novacomd driver is not installing for some reason idk y
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast