Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    and i keep getting the same "device not recognized" error message
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    And you tried uninstalling the Novacomd driver in Control Panel>Uninstall Programs from Windows? Was it even listed in there?
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
  3.    #23  
    its not even listed
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    And u also tried the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" option in WebOS QuickInstall??
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
  5.    #25  
    yup
  6.    #26  
    any other suggestions
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Last thing I can think of is if you have tried installing Preware using the "standalone installer instructions"? Scroll to Installing Preware section and follow the Standalone Installer intructions instead-->> Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Those seems to make you install the Novacom drivers, so you might have better luck. If that way still gives you trouble with reading your phone, I'm out of suggestions, sorry. Maybe just try to find an official Palm cable, or try it on someone else's computer...
  8.    #28  
    ok thanks man I'll try thise out....i appreciate all the help
  9.    #29  
    hey I finally did the whole process with my other computer and it worked perfectly the 1st time....thanks for all your help I appreciate it....and I have 1 last question....now that I have preware can I take the developer mode off?

ps: I love PREWARE
    Quote Originally Posted by blackice20021114 View Post
    hey I finally did the whole process with my other computer and it worked perfectly the 1st time....thanks for all your help I appreciate it....and I have 1 last question....now that I have preware can I take the developer mode off?

ps: I love PREWARE
    Now that Preware is working, you do not need to leave your phone in developer mode. Just remember to turn it back on if you want to install something with WOSQI.

Glad you got it working.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12