Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hi Crew!

When my trusty Palm Pre (part of the first batch from O2 Germany) died, I decided to get a Palm Pixi Plus, whilst I eagerly await for the next best thing from HP-Palm!

Anyways, getting back to the point, I specifically asked the person who sold the Pixi Plus to me, to create a Palm Profile whilst the phone was still in Germany, so that I would have access to the Palm App Catalog. I learn the hard way with my Palm Pre that if the first Palm Profile created on the phone, is done whilst the phone is in an "unofficial" country (eg. Australia), then there is almost no access to the App Catalog (like 80 apps or something dismal).

Now, to all the gurus, how do I go abouts ensuring I have access to the Palm App Catalog? Will using WebOS Internals' bypass-activation help? Should I buy an O2 sim card from ebay?

Thanks!

Work mobes: Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo Pro > O2 Palm Pre- > Palm Pixi+ > Pre 2 > Pre 3
    Home mobes: Sony Ericsson K610 > Sony Ericsson W910 > iPhone 3GS > Verizon GSMed FrankenPre+ > HTC Desire HD > HTC Evo 3D > White HTC Sensation XE
    Tablet: HP TouchPad 32GB / ASUS TF101

i unlocked an at&t palm pixi plus from at&t to cincinnati bell. everything works but the app catalog. any ideas? would upgrading to 1.4.5 do the trick?
    Quote Originally Posted by djsillies View Post
    i unlocked an at&t palm pixi plus from at&t to cincinnati bell. everything works but the app catalog. any ideas? would upgrading to 1.4.5 do the trick?
    What do you see in the App Catalog?
    johncc- I see text on the homepage of the catalog but when I click on something it always goes to the yellow triangle of death. When I try to open an app it displays the error "carrier not supported at this time".
    guyfromnam-i bought the device from a retail at&t store in the US. Unlocked it and activated it in english for the first time on a carrier in the US. (cincinnati bell)
    Quote Originally Posted by djsillies View Post
    johncc- I see text on the homepage of the catalog but when I click on something it always goes to the yellow triangle of death. When I try to open an app it displays the error "carrier not supported at this time".
    guyfromnam-i bought the device from a retail at&t store in the US. Unlocked it and activated it in english for the first time on a carrier in the US. (cincinnati bell)
    You seem to tick all of the boxes to have access. A lot of people are having that problem recently. App catalog - Yellow triangle of death