Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frantid
  1.    #1  
    I know it must be somewhere, but I cannot find any information that tells me how often calendar syncs with Google calendar. Does anybody know? And can the interval be adjusted?
    Quote Originally Posted by blacou59 View Post
    I know it must be somewhere, but I cannot find any information that tells me how often calendar syncs with Google calendar. Does anybody know? And can the interval be adjusted?
    Data synchronization occurs on the following schedule:

- Email: Every minute
    - Calendar: Immediately after you create or receive a meeting invitation, or every 10 minutes
    - Contacts: Every 20 minutes*
    - Global address list: Every 24 hours

cheers~
    Yeah, I was wondering can it be changed? via tweaking or patches or anything?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GenTarkin View Post
    Yeah, I was wondering can it be changed? via tweaking or patches or anything?

Did anyone find an answer to this?
    Yes, you can change it. The best way to handle gmail is to change the setting on your phone to "as it arrives" so it will push it to you.

If you have your phone polling the service frequently it can really eat your battery,
    So where do you you adjust your syncing to "as received" in Android 4.1.2?
    You can only adjust e-mail sync times... for the rest maybe there is a patch somewhere.
    You can use Ubercalendar plus google calendar sync patches. You also need to have Tweaks installed then you can adjust the sync settings --- only for normal Google not exchange sync. See the links in my signature. Especially the preference guide to see how to set it up.
    French Pre3, UK Pre2, US Veer, German gsm Pre, 680, garmin ique 3600 & still have my working palm pilot 1000 with the 1 Mb adapter

Please remove UberCalendar and google sync behavior patches prior to system updates.
    patch Google calendar sync behavior for 2.x.x and TouchPad (Oauth2 and advanced sync requirements enabled)
    Preference guide for MetaView's UberCalendar patch
    Rnp likes this.