1.    #1  
    I've had my pixi for like 3 months now and well the battery if aweful :/ I I get it off the charger at 8:50 head to school and by 11 I'm already looking at 50% left! It's dead by 2! Any tips on how to reduce battery drain? My brightness is down almost completely dim and email is set to every 24 hours anymore tips or advice would be helpful!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    i dont know if this fix will work, but this happened with an iphone i was supporting at an old job. after a while, somehow the email set up was constantly draining the battery even after setting it to manual fetch. the resolution was to completely remove all email accounts, reboot, then re-add the account(s). maybe itll work for your situation.
    What services are you using on the Pixi? (e-mail, IM, etc..)
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbes View Post
    I've had my pixi for like 3 months now and well the battery if aweful :/ I I get it off the charger at 8:50 head to school and by 11 I'm already looking at 50% left! It's dead by 2! Any tips on how to reduce battery drain? My brightness is down almost completely dim and email is set to every 24 hours anymore tips or advice would be helpful!
    my wife has gmail set to "as arrives" and signed into Yahoo IM and Gtalk all day long, talks about 3 hours a day and gets through a full day with about 20% left....I would look at resetting to factory default and setting back up from scratch....
    turn off the data connection when you aren't on the web. I have foind that if I leave it off all day my battery goes forever.
    But remember that turning off the data connection will kill your Instant Messaging too (gtalk, yahoo, aim, etc) - texting should be unaffected.
    shut off instant messaging, bluetooth, and wifi (if you're not in a wifi zone) when not using them.

check the programs you have installed. Facebook by default sets notifications to every 20 minutes- change that. Similarly, some twitter clients, weather programs, and sports live, and I'm sure other programs, have notifications or autoupdate intervals that should be modified to check less frequently.
    Phone batt drain seem to vary with each individual phones. Turning the backlight off or to the minimum help a little, but why should we ~ now you can't see the keyboard numbers properly. I've read that your Instant messaging as a bug that drains your batt fast, turn off when not in use. Email really should be set to As item arrive. This way the server won't have to be searching all the time. You'll do all this and still get unexplainable batt drain. I would suggest a method that keep your data connection a bit more stable. Fluctuating from evdo/3g down to 1x seem to be the major battery drain with our phones.

If you're on sprint try changing your data setting from hybrid A to hybrid O, and see if that works out for you. I get at least 20-30% more batt life at the end of the day.(Depending on where you are > it might not work for you.) Here is the direct link: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-going-1x.html.

cheers.~
    Use the UberKernel OC and set it to ondemand at 122/600.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    I second the one for turning off data when you're not using it. It really does greatly extend battery life.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  11.    #11  
    Oh I forgot about facebook! Yeah I'm gonna start turning off the data in the mornings. I don't use IM at all really so I'm just gonna delete them and switch to 1x. Rev A is really fast in my area but it's constantly going from full bars to 1 then back to 5! My Blackberry only had 1x and it lasted me close to 10% by 8 or 7pm . Thanks so much for the help guys!
    Your battery could be bad also. My first Palm Pre battery only holds 50% of the original capacity.
  13.    #13  
    Ahh I never thought of that well I did as rush suggested and I don't really see a diffrence in browser speed at all! Always have close to or prefect signal now as soon as I get it off the charger i'll see how long it lasts!
    Here is how I have my Sprint Pre set up. Do all the adjustments below and I "Gar-run-tee" your battery life will double;remember, however, your mileage may vary...

1. Turn off data,when not using the web,checking email,etc. You can text message,but nothing else.

2. Turn off Wifi when not in use. If Wifi is available, use it.

3. Turn off Bluetooth,when not in use.

4. Turn off GPS , when you don't need it.

5. Turn brightness down to the lowest comfortable level.

You can toggle all of the above from the Device (drop-down) Menu, when you install a patch (or individual patches) like Device Menu Ultramix, from Preware. Here is what I have on my Device Menu:

Last edited by BobKy; 09/18/2010 at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontbes View Post
    I've had my pixi for like 3 months now and well the battery if aweful :/ I I get it off the charger at 8:50 head to school and by 11 I'm already looking at 50% left! It's dead by 2!
    I've done a lot of Dr. Battery posts today, so may as well do another!

Get the Dr. Battery app via Preware and see what the current battery health reads. For a battery to drain that fast, my first thought would be that it's defective.

For more info on how it works, check out the Dr. Battery thread.
    LOL Trekker, you should just put it in your signature.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    LOL Trekker, you should just put it in your signature.
    I second the solution of using the Device Menu Ultra mix patch from Preware. When I turn off the data and the GPS on the phone when I am not using it my battery life is way better.

One of the biggest eaters of battery charge is the Messaging App when you are using Yahoo or gtalk. The app is connecting to the internet at intervals to refresh status and messages. So if you are not using it, sign off. The cool thing about turning your data connection off your device is that you can still send and receive text messages.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    All this is good advice and you should adjust to what your needs are.

Anytime you need data try to be on wifi, it uses much less battery than cell data.

If no IM and change email to more reasonable times you should have a significant improvement to begin with.
    Dan