Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    So i just finished getting all the super glue off my fingers from this stupid "touchstone" cover i have. this is the second one and on both of them the magnet to hold the charger door closed came off. Does anyone have ANY suggestions on what I should do? I am not buying another one again. Should I just cut the stupid door off? Please help me... I'm at my whitts end.
  2. #2  
    cut it off you will be much happier. It really is not as bad as you think especially since you already have two just do it to one and see how you like it. It took me about 30 seconds to realize that cutting it off is the way to go.
  3. #3  
    just out of curiousity, what part are you talking about i have a touchstone and am not sure what your speaking of??
  4. #4  
    the usb door.
  5.    #5  
    the little "flap" if you will, to cover the charger port on the phone. it's a door kinda. you open it and plug your charger in. i don't use the touchstone charger, just the cases because my stock one took a ****.
  6. #6  
    I dont have a Pixi but I believe the usb door is part of the battery cover , unlike the Pre.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  7.    #7  
    HAHAH thanks Chad. what did you use to cut it off? i don't want it to look crappy. i was thnking about using a razor blade.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by debrad0307 View Post
    the little "flap" if you will, to cover the charger port on the phone. it's a door kinda. you open it and plug your charger in. i don't use the touchstone charger, just the cases because my stock one took a ****.
    Off with its head than i say!!!!!!!!!
  9.    #9  
    well..... I just cut it off... looks ok. not used to seeing the usb port like that... but it is easier to charge and i don't have to deal with the stupid flap there. Kuddos for cutting it off Chad.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by debrad0307 View Post
    HAHAH thanks Chad. what did you use to cut it off? i don't want it to look crappy. i was thnking about using a razor blade.
    you can use a razor if you want that would work. I just used a pairing knife. Fold it all the way back and cut it right at the fold. A steady hand will make it look perfectly straight.
  11. xalky's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #11  
    In an attempt to try something different after trying every glue known to man, I drove a small brad through the rubber flap fom the inside out and clipped it flush on the outside with some small wire cutters. The brad lasted a couple weeks and fell out, but the brad had the effect of expanding the flap just enough so that it holds shut by it self without the magnet. Try driving a small nail through the rubber , against a piece of wood and pulling it out. I'd suggest pulling the cover off the phone before doing this. Seems neanderthalish mg it works.
  12. #12  
    Start a support chat with palm. I told them mine fell off too (well actually my girlfriends) and they had a brand new one to me in 3 days flat.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    In an attempt to try something different after trying every glue known to man, I drove a small brad through the rubber flap fom the inside out and clipped it flush on the outside with some small wire cutters. The brad lasted a couple weeks and fell out, but the brad had the effect of expanding the flap just enough so that it holds shut by it self without the magnet. Try driving a small nail through the rubber , against a piece of wood and pulling it out. I'd suggest pulling the cover off the phone before doing this. Seems neanderthalish mg it works.
    What about a staple for stapleguns or something? Or a few?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  14. #14  
    I surrendered to it and ended up just taking out the little metal piece altogether. The flap has to be pushed back in and held for a few seconds after I take out the usb charger, but after that it pretty much stays in on its own.
  15. xalky's Avatar
    Posts
    81 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    What about a staple for stapleguns or something? Or a few?
    That was one of my thoughts but the all the staples I have here are too wide for the flap. One staple would do it if u could find one small enough.
  16.    #16  
    I just cut it off. It doesn't look too bad and I don't have to fight to open the flap when I need to charge my phone. As for people being concerned with "dirt" getting in there, consider that the plug for your headphones is left wide open and is unharmed. Cutting that little flap off was the best advice I've got on this subject. I couldn't be happier about the outcome. And BTW, the super glue is still on my fingers.
  17. #17  
    well in my case, I open a headphone , took the magnet cut it in a half and glued to the flap door, its there so far.
  18. giggles's Avatar
    Posts
    677 Posts
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    #18  
    I just push the door in on my touchstone case and it stays... Even though the magnets not there
  19. sjengie's Avatar
    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    #19  
    i joined this club today, mine came off as well.
    after having read the different posts i tried one of my old tricks with the good old carpet tape. The one which sticks on two sides. It has a reputation of sticking to anything for ever ...
    It is a bit of fiddling with the little piece of metal but it seems to work fine ...
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post
    cut it off you will be much happier. ...
    Perhaps we can start calling these "circumcised pixies".
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions