1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if it's possible to test the fuctionality of a Verizon Pixi without having to put it on the network, basically just over WiFi? I'm looking at buying a used Pixi and wanted to know how to test it on the spot without linking it to a phone number right away.
    What do you want to text exactly?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  3.    #3  
    I want to test that it functions. I've heard that the device functions are completely locked out when there's no Synergy account setup on it.
    Yeah. You wouldn't be able to just do an on the spot wifi check. Are you buying from a friend? As long as it turns on for the most part it should work. You can always doctor it. Hardware will be the issue in the purchase. If it turns on and you can type on the keyboard and it charges, grab it if its cheap enough.
  5.    #5  
    Looking at a local craigslist seller that says he switched to Sprint.
    If you can hold it just make sure all the buttons work on the thing and that it turns on, and if you can get to the login screen make sure they keyboard works. When/if you get it, youll make an account. I suggest logging in, doing a full secure erase, then doctoring, then log back in. That will make the phone brand new and clean off the USB drive. If you have any more questions feel free to PM me.
  7.    #7  
    Do you know if the wipe and doctoring will mess with the phone activation if done after it is activated? The reason I ask is because Verizon can't activate data services outside their primary network. I guess basically the question is would the phone need to go through Verizon's automated programming/activation process after it was wiped and doctored?
    If you activate the phone and then erase it all, it will still be activated. You can activate dialing *228 and selecting i think #1? Anyways, once activated on your account (because youre the new owner) it will then stay activated no matter how many times you doctor.