1.    #1  
    There have been 2 things that have stopped me from making the jump from the Centro to the Pixi:

1 - scrolling. I like holding the 5-way nav button to easily scroll long pages, and easily navigate from field to field. On the pixi or pre, to scroll down a long page, you have to "flick flick flick flick..." correct?

2 - pdareach (by Junefabrics). This is the one app I have become dependent on at work. It allows you to connect the Centro to your computer and you see the Centro screen on the computer, allowing you to type directly into the Centro via your PC. What's nice is it pops up a notepad-like editor on your PC whenever you're in a text field. This allows unparalleled speed in copying and pasting to and from the Centro. This does not work for WebOS, but I'm wondering: has anyone used it successfully in Classic mode on a Pixi?

That's it. The 2 things that are stopping me. I love the formfactor of the Pixi (like the Centro) but are these 2 features in sight?

Thanks.
    PalmPilot Professional > Palm III > Palm V > Sony Clie S300 > Palm m505 > Sony Clie N710C > Sony Clie N760C > Sony Clie T615C > Sony Clie NR70 > Sony Clie TG50 > Handspring Treo 600 > Palm Treo 650 > Palm Treo 700p > Palm Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxjoe View Post
    There have been 2 things that have stopped me from making the jump from the Centro to the Pixi:

1 - scrolling. I like holding the 5-way nav button to easily scroll long pages, and easily navigate from field to field. On the pixi or pre, to scroll down a long page, you have to "flick flick flick flick..." correct?
    Thanks.
    in portrait mode, yes.
    in landscape mode in the web browser you can swipe the gesture area to page up/down.

not sure about the other item as i don't personally have a need for such a thing.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I held on to my 755p for a long time even bought one off craigslist because the treo's "just worked" the way I liked. Now that I have my Pixi, I don't miss what I thought I would miss.

It took a couple of days to get me to give into no nav button. But yes, page scrolls are flick, flick, but you can smoothly slow them down and/or stop them on a dime. I think of it now like a mini treadmill. Clicking on a link is less precise, but I find myself using multitouch to zoom in on areas to click if there are many links in one area.
    2 - pdareach (by Junefabrics). This is the one app I have become dependent on at work. It allows you to connect the Centro to your computer and you see the Centro screen on the computer, allowing you to type directly into the Centro via your PC. What's nice is it pops up a notepad-like editor on your PC whenever you're in a text field. This allows unparalleled speed in copying and pasting to and from the Centro. This does not work for WebOS, but I'm wondering: has anyone used it successfully in Classic mode on a Pixi?

That's it. The 2 things that are stopping me. I love the formfactor of the Pixi (like the Centro) but are these 2 features in sight?

Thanks.
    i think we should really get this going. this would be EPIC for webOS. although, i'm not quite sure how you'd implement it.
    well...someone'll figure it out. 'd be cool if they could port it : 3

Thanks.
    1. If you install the browser multi-mod patch you can scroll with the keyboard, and it allows you to jump to the top and bottom of a webpage with a single press.

2. I am not aware of anything like this on webOS, but there is ever note which can keep your notes synced to all your platforms, plus there is drop box.

Hope this helps.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Also, the Centro to Pixi jump seems to make the most sense as far as hardware size is concerned, but when it came down to it the wife and I both opted for the Pre instead. Yeah it's bigger than a Centro but compared to the other monsters coming out these days it's tiny.

As far as the 5-way is concerned I rarely miss it, the wife more than I.

Anyway, I think you'll like WebOS either way you go.

- Phil -