1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm a Sprint SERO user, and as such, I've been unable to get into the WebOS scene. However, I'm going to be able to start using "new" phones on SERO in October, and so now I'm debating which WebOS hardware I want to tide me over until new stuff comes out.

I used to use a centro, and I like that size phone quite a bit.

Can the Pixi be overclocked? Or is it pretty much stuck at 600Mhz?

How is using the screen? WebOS looks really nice on the pre screen, and given that inch-wise, the Pixi screen is quite a bit smaller, I'm wondering how how it holds up?

I don't really need wifi, EVDO coverage around here works pretty well, so that's not a big deal.

Are there other things I should know?
    Best palm phone made.

Overclock? no govnah can fix "too many card" errors though

I got mine off craigslist for $65. thats another option.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  3.    #3  
    well, you can OC the pre, which is why I asked.
    The Pixi is actually pretty snappy throughout the OS. You will only feel the lag when heavily multi tasking. No overclock, and I doubt there will ever be. I don't overclock my pre cause the battery is bad enough. I really liked my pixi, has a very dense screen, I do not think you will be disappointed.
  5.    #5  
    I've seen the videos of "testing" the pixi, and it does look rather snappy. I'm just sort of a gadget nerd, and 1Ghz is shiny
    No Overclock, the processors settings are closed source, and thus the developers here dont have access to their details like the Pre's. But you can still install a modified Kernel that will enable some extra features like Compcache (fast virtual ram on the internal memory) and other settings that do improve the overall use of the device, and allow for a more responsive OS. (Plus no more "Too Many Cards" errors)

Finally you can also install apps like Jstop that will automatically clear out the Ram of Java processes, and the Minimal Logging Patch, that stops the constant logging of your device that eats up resources, speeding up the phone even more.

So no overclock possible, but there are other known methods to speed up the Pixi.
    I'm on my 3rd Pixi, and I love it. If you question why I'm on my 3rd, believe me, it has NOTHING to do with the phone. (It has to do with crazy ex-girlfriends, and we'll just leave it at that)

Anyhow, I had a Sprint Pixi and it was great, but I just missed the Wi-Fi, so that was it's only drawback, in my opinion.

Pixi is a GREAT phone, and I wouldn't want a Pre, simply because I'm not a fan of sliders... just one more thing to break.
    Verizon Pixi+ 1.4.5 w/Preware, and a ridiculous number of patches
    Pixi doesnt have wifi?

I get like no service in the area my house is =[
    Quote Originally Posted by FaMe KiLLz View Post
    Pixi doesnt have wifi?

I get like no service in the area my house is =[
    Only the pixi plus does. You can always mod a sprint one too.

Pixi feels faster than pre generally. I think cause the screen size and res is less to process.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Wait, whoa.... are they going to start letting people use Pre's on the Sero plan? I don't have that plan, but a friend does and is stuck with an older Treo Pro and has wanted to get a Pre, but that plan hasn't let him. Are they changing this?
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Wait, whoa.... are they going to start letting people use Pre's on the Sero plan? I don't have that plan, but a friend does and is stuck with an older Treo Pro and has wanted to get a Pre, but that plan hasn't let him. Are they changing this?
    They are, it goes into effect Oct. 1. He'd have to pay an extra $10/mo, but it is definitely happening delivery.sprint.com/m/p/nxt/epc/EPRP2-modal.asp#3 (sorry, I can't post links yet)
  12.    #12  
    Is the screen size irritatingly small? I didn't mind the centro screen size, but I wasn't trying to "drive" my phone using it (I used the dpad a lot on my centro).

Are there any must-have pixi apps that don't apply to the Pre? (outside of the performance enhancing ones above)