1.    #1  
    Quick question. Here's my setup:

-Weatherbug Elite (1 hr refresh)
    -Facebook (5 min refresh w/ webos updates)
    -webOS Backup
    -E-Mail (As arrives)
    -GPS Off
    -Bluetooth off
    -Govnah Profile on ON DEMAND with 122 and 600 and compcache to 24mb

Wifi on mostly

So my question is, i just added weatherbug and facebook into the mix, should i see a significant drop?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    yep

ps. if you are mostly connected to wifi, turn off the 3g radio because the Pre will default to wifi anyway. the 3g radio is the biggest battery killer. With it off you can still talk and get txt messages. everything else is coming through wifi anyway. just a thought.
  3.    #3  
    I may do that. Normally by the end of the day i see 30%. As long as it lasts a day i dont care lol.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I'm pretty sure when the wifi is connected the 3g is turned off automatically. That's why it disappears form the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by lupos View Post
    I'm pretty sure when the wifi is connected the 3g is turned off automatically. That's why it disappears form the top.
    yes, but it may still be using battery to create seamless transition if it looses the wifi connection. I'm now in the habit of turning it off when I'm working around wifi, and it seems to really help a lot.
    I always wondered why my battery didn't last long. I tried switching off all that stuff I actual bought a smartphone for until I found out my battery pasted out.
    So if you have problems come through the day without charging I really suggest to test your battery with Dr.Battery.
    Please don't read that as an advertisement of my app. This is really what happened to me and why I build this app.
    You may get surprised.
    I'm not convince that any method really saves battery all that much. However, what I'm sure of is everything you do on these phones eat up your battery though.(My Thoughts)
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    You may think I'm crazy (I certainly think I am), but I've noticed that when I charge the pre at night with lots of stuff on, the battery does not last as long the next day. I tried for a while to have it be my clock at night (using the patch to keep it always on when charging), and every time I did that, the battery would not make it through the next day, even with very spare usage. OTOH, when I charge and I make sure the screen is off, close all apps, and turn off all the radios, I usually end the next day with at least 20% after even moderate usage.

Totally anecdotal, I know, but it's been working for me, and I run screenstate at 1Ghz/125Mhz (800/500 before the last uber release).
    I've heard crazier things than that on here. ^_^ Try the opposite of what your doing, and see how that work for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    You may think I'm crazy (I certainly think I am), but I've noticed that when I charge the pre at night with lots of stuff on, the battery does not last as long the next day. I tried for a while to have it be my clock at night (using the patch to keep it always on when charging), and every time I did that, the battery would not make it through the next day, even with very spare usage. OTOH, when I charge and I make sure the screen is off, close all apps, and turn off all the radios, I usually end the next day with at least 20% after even moderate usage.

Totally anecdotal, I know, but it's been working for me, and I run screenstate at 1Ghz/125Mhz (800/500 before the last uber release).
    From the Dr.Battery thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by jedifarfy View Post
    I've been having major battery problems that can only be solved with having airplane mode enabled at all times, defeating the purpose of having a smartphone. Because of this app, I can see my phone's health is between 50-59% after owning it for just 6 months! Sadly Verizon doesn't seem to care, but now I know I'm not crazy. Thank you!
    Last edited by somline; 09/10/2010 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I always wondered why my battery didn't last long. I tried switching off all that stuff I actual bought a smartphone for until I found out my battery pasted out.
    So if you have problems come through the day without charging I really suggest to test your battery with Dr.Battery.
    Please don't read that as an advertisement of my app. This is really what happened to me and why I build this app.
    You may get surprised.
    I can attest that I've seen an improvement in my batteries since I ran the conditioning routine in Dr Battery.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    You may think I'm crazy
    but now I know I'm not crazy.
    Two crazies cancel out to make one sane person?
    That's pure mathematic ;-)
  14.    #14  
    in 5 hrs on the dot my phones gone down 35% from full charge. It was at 100 at noon and is at 65 as of 5
    Last edited by SuzukiGS750EZ; 09/10/2010 at 04:00 PM.