Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Was talking to someone who was developing something for the pixi, but it wouldn't work with insmod at the terminal. Keeps saying -1 Device or resource busy. He told me that it seems the pixi can only have 1 gadget loaded at a time, and rockhopper was built into the kernel, so he didn't know how to turn it off, since initctl emit G_ROCKHOPPER_REMOVE doesn't work. Any ideas? I came here because I knew it would be the best chance if it's possible. (Or finding out if it's something else.)
    Last edited by k3rizz3k; 09/09/2010 at 10:31 PM.
    You are correct, the rockhopper module will prevent the loading of any other modules that attempt to use the usb port. I have worked around this by recompiling the kernel and specifying to compile rockhopper as a module.

This is the only solution I know of but is a bit of a pain since you can't really expect casual users to load a new kernel + modules just to run your software.

I think a better solution would be for Palm to release the next kernel with Rockhopper compiled as a module.
    Quote Originally Posted by Error 454 View Post
    You are correct, the rockhopper module will prevent the loading of any other modules that attempt to use the usb port. I have worked around this by recompiling the kernel and specifying to compile rockhopper as a module.

This is the only solution I know of but is a bit of a pain since you can't really expect casual users to load a new kernel + modules just to run your software.

I think a better solution would be for Palm to release the next kernel with Rockhopper compiled as a module.
    So you got PSFreedom working on your Pixi then?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Error 454 View Post

If you have a guide I'd be more than happy to try it
    Quote Originally Posted by MustangCSA View Post
    So you got PSFreedom working on your Pixi then?
    I don't have a ps3 and haven't touched PSFreedom. If you folk are interested in disabling the rockhopper module then get kernel compiles setup as per Custom Kernels - WebOS Internals and then change the line in your .config:
    CONFIG_USB_ROCKHOPPER=y

to this:
    CONFIG_USB_ROCKHOPPER=m