Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Erckul View Post
    ltm ltm "here I come to save the day"
    lol i cant believe im gunna admit this on here,.... but that is my ring tone lol the actual theme song, right at that part lol
    Palm prē-ist.
    Most people don't know what the phone is so you can tell them or make up whatever. If someone with a pre has something to say I just show them the superior keyboard and build quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    lol i cant believe im gunna admit this on here,.... but that is my ring tone lol the actual theme song, right at that part lol
    Oh man, too funny. Did you gesticulate like Andy Kaufman when answering the phone?

By the way, my phone's been referred to as a Palm Prix, which I thought was pretty funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by zParticle View Post
    Oh man, too funny. Did you gesticulate like Andy Kaufman when answering the phone?

By the way, my phone's been referred to as a Palm Prix, which I thought was pretty funny.
    the pixi is on my gf's account now I have a pre, but yeah, most of the time... Whenever it rings lol
    I caught some grief at first but whenever anyone needs something checked online that's blocked on our computers, they ask me to look it up!
    I'm a guy.....I told another guy that I had a Pixi....he called me a pansy.....I hit him with my purse.

LOL, Just kidding, but yea, I could give a crap telling my friends I have a Pixi. However, I changed my outgoing email signature on my phone to say "Sent from my Palm webOS device"
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    I'm a Pre owner, but i was just wondering, because i always see people saying that they would laugh at you, but has it actually happened?
    Yes...but the laughter ceased once I fired up the wood chipper.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sw9181 View Post
    I'm a guy.....I told another guy that I had a Pixi....he called me a pansy.....I hit him with my purse.

LOL, Just kidding, but yea, I could give a crap telling my friends I have a Pixi. However, I changed my outgoing email signature on my phone to say "Sent from my Palm webOS device"

I sometimes call it by its model number P120. That's manly enough.

And I, like you, changed my email signature to say generically "Sent from my cellular telephone". I feel like using the brand and model is almost like the pretentious "Sent from my iphone" and now "iphone 4" users.
    ive had a few names for it...none that i gave to it...mostly my friends...and they werent that nice about it lol...but out of all my friends that made fun of it...i actually talked one of them into getting one..the others just dont know what theyre missing out on
    "I get by with a little help from my friends, get high with a little help from my friends."
    -The Beatles

My Device History

Went a year without a Palm and had to go back lol
    I'd have to say I was actually proud of the fact that it's called such a feminine name. I'm anti-machismo myself, and all these deep-voiced pick-up truck commercials and disgustingly huge burger commercials and whatnot (you know what I'm talking about) annoy the crap out of me. I call it testosterone poisoning. It's as if you're not some tobacco-chewing redneck then you're not a man. Bull****. So I've kind of taken it the opposite direction. One of the first things I did when I got my Pixi was buy a lime green Touchstone back for it and slap it on there. Between that and the way I dress, I give people plenty to make fun of, if they wanted to. But, if I do say so myself, I would have to say I own it so well that it doesn't occur to most people to try. If you own it, people see confidence, and that's always a positive.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    My husband would use a Pixi. He's a union guy who drives a Ram truck, then comes home and walks our two shih tzus. He couldn't care less what other people think, and that is a very attractive trait (confidence, like you said).
    Absolutely. And I certainly didn't mean to sound bigoted towards rednecks, although I can see how my post could be interpreted as such. Most of my friends are proud to call themselves rednecks.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I didn't take it that way at all. Just trying to put it into context. He doesn't chew though, thank goodness.
    Good. I had re-read what I posted and was afraid it might come off the wrong way, so I just wanted to make sure.
    I don't know if it is because I am a female, but I love the name!! It's very cute!
    nah, i love my pixi. i'mma fairy lover so it's perfect.
    idc what people say
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post
    LoL.
    If you put it in an old shoebox and put some holes in it, you might be able to use it without anybody knowing it's a Pixi, lol.
    hh,good idea!
    Honestly, I avoid the name. I call it generically a "Palm phone" and have "Sent from my PALM WebOS PHONE" as my email sig

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    i just call it my palm
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast