Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Does the Pixi not have the same transfer speed issue with the iTouch that that Pre Plus seems to have? I've been trying to use a similar combo but my Pre keeps choaking the iTouch's connection to like 10-50kbps. It works fine and at normal speed with my notebook though so I know it actually isn't outright broken or anything and the iTouch also works find on my home WiFi.
    Quote Originally Posted by miata View Post
    I never thought I would advocate the use of two separate devices with all of the convergence and choices, but I do think today this combination gives you the best of all worlds. Since the Pixi Plus and Touch are both really compact it is not such a big deal to carry both. And there is currently no single device that can match the capabilities of this combination. I sure hope that one day HP will deliver the killer webOS phone upgrade, but for now...

Palm Pixi Plus

- Verizon Wireless coverage and and free WIFI Hotspot
    - webOS for Synergy
    - pretty nice physical keyboard for when you have a lot of typing

Apple iPod Touch

- Skype (enables you to make voice calls without interrupting the WIFI hotspot)
    - broad application availability
    - big screen for better browsing, email, Google maps, etc.

Special Benefits related to using ActiveSync on the Touch instead of the Pixi Plus

- Better battery life for the Pixi Plus
    - No PIN requirement on my phone (entering the PIN on the Pixi Plus was a PITA due to small screen and UI lag)
    - More reliable ActiveSync integration for Exchange Mail and Calendar (I was continually having password problems with webOS tht resulting in me getting locked out of the Exchange at least once a week)

How many other Pixi users are using this combination?

I am currently using a Touch 2G, and the big question on my mind with the introduction of the 4G is whether or not I should upgrade to get:

- Retina display
    - Multi-tasking (2G is not multi-tasking)
    - dual cameras with Facetime
    - HD video
    - even better battery life
    - even better performance
    - even thinner profile

Decisions, decisions...

So how did you manage to do this ?
    I've been trying to find the my tether app for my pixi for ages and have had no luck . I've spent $30 trying , and got nothing . Would you help me ?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pixipalm11 View Post
    I've been trying to find the my tether app for my pixi for ages and have had no luck . I've spent $30 trying , and got nothing . Would you help me ?
    DId you try the Mobile Hotspot app (different from the MyTether app)?
    Quote Originally Posted by pixipalm11 View Post
    What carrier are you on? If it's Sprint you can't tether over WiFi with the Pixi.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12