1.    #1  
    I had over 200 apps on my Pixi, and just doctored it. Most of them were Official App Catalog apps, so they should have been there when I started the device again, right?? Wrong!!!!!!!!!! Everything was gone, but all my contacts were there, email accounts and everything! But no apps. I went and put Preware back on there, and tried to use "Saved Package List" but there was nothing there! Any help?!?!?!

Thanks,
    ~Patrick
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    It clearly says here that it WILL delete all of your apps... Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint

Maybe read the disclaimer next time
    That's the Doctor's prescription...erase and restore from the Palm Backup app.

Maybe you were thinking of the webOS Repair Utility?
    BTW: why did you doctor? kernel gone wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick c. View Post
    I had over 200 apps on my Pixi, and just doctored it. Most of them were Official App Catalog apps, so they should have been there when I started the device again, right?? Wrong!!!!!!!!!! Everything was gone, but all my contacts were there, email accounts and everything! But no apps. I went and put Preware back on there, and tried to use "Saved Package List" but there was nothing there! Any help?!?!?!

Thanks,
    ~Patrick
    Your apps should automaticaly redownload after you sign into your palm profile, if they haven't then do a partial erase and re-log into your account.

Pip
    Ouch. Well, that friendly term Doctor is a bit misleading. You know, "first do no harm" and all that. Perhaps it should be a called the Destructonator or the Demolishizer, or at least Doctor Kevorkian. Just sayin'.

Here's hoping you used the Backup Utility (which can back up apps) or at least Save and Restore for those items the Palm Profile didn't capture.

Thanks,
    ~Patrick
    I'm not sure what apps you're talking about, but if they weren't official palm apps, then yes>they would have been deleted. All other original palm apps should be on your launcher page, once you logged back into your profile. You should have perform another doctor, or an hard reset(Batt Pull) immediately. However, you might have a install patch that would have cause this. If this ever happen again, type the name of a patch(i.e device menu) and if it appears, then your launcher page was deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    It clearly says here that it WILL delete all of your apps... [url= - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint[/url]

Maybe read the disclaimer next time
    Webos doctor doesn't delete your apps. Webos doctor delete your palm profile, and restore your device to factory default. Contacts>Email>Palm's original apps>music>Photos>Videos, are all restore once you sign back into your Palm Profile. Everything else that is not associated with your palm.. will be deleted.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Your apps should automaticaly redownload after you sign into your palm profile, if they haven't then do a partial erase and re-log into your account.

Pip
    I dont think thats true, the purchased apps should give an option to redownload for free and obviously the free apps are well free, this is just my friends experience from doctoring
    I dont think thats true, the purchased apps should give an option to redownload for free and obviously the free apps are well free, this is just my friends experience from doctoring
    While that is not entirely wrong because when you delete a paid app you can download for free again, what you are saying about the palm profile behaviour is wrong.
    If you have a Palm back up then by signing into your account, after setting up your email and having your contacts / calenders sync then your palm catalogue apps will automatically download.
    The only things that could could prevent this are low data signal / problem in the profile.
    If your friend didn't have that happen then they should have performed a partial erase and then sign back into their account.
    You can find Palm documentation on this behaviour. And yes I have doctored my pre twice and had a new pre plus, and the expected behaviour, ie apps dowloaded, has taken place each time.

Pip
    delete your backup first. This will wipe out contacts and such. Make sure they're safe someplace else. Next, go to device info and do a secure full erase. This will clear your usb drive, make sure stuff on there is backed up first. When this is done wait for it to get to the language selection screen. Pull the battery. Now wait 30 seconds. Put the battery back in and hold down the volume up button. Then plug the usb cable into the computer, then into your phone. Now run webos doctor. Afer that's done you have a factory clean pixi. Now sign in and when you get to the launcher it should tell you they're downloading. Good luck! I do this everytime I doctor my phone and haven't had an issue.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  11.    #11  
    The problem was the apps were not with my Palm Profile anymore so, I just did a full erase, and then everything was there again.
    Thanks for all the help!!

~Patrick
    Well done. ^_^
    RL
  13.    #13  
    Thanks! I thought doing that might fix it. I am a little familiar with the WebOS on account of I'm an app creator and theme creator
  14.    #14  
    BTW: why did you doctor? kernel gone wrong?
    It was just running super slow! and that was the only thing that I could think of that would fix it..
    good to see even the 'techies' have the same problems as the rest of us
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    good to see even the 'techies' have the same problems as the rest of us
    Haha, yep, even us techies have issues that we need help on! lol
    It was just running super slow! and that was the only thing that I could think of that would fix it..
    I too find that happening > Processor feeling sluggish > I either run a Repair Utility, or Doctor. Phone back to super speed.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I too find that happening > Processor feeling sluggish > I either run a Repair Utility, or Doctor. Phone back to super speed.
    yep that is what was happening, and in my messaging screen, where your buddies are for IMing, the part that you click on to go offline, when I clicked on it, nothing happened, and I could not change my status in there either! So thankfully the Doctor make a house call and fixed the problem