Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I recently doctored my Sprint Pixi 1.4.5 because it was just getting slow and bloated after 6 months of patching and themes. No more themes for me, some stuff was just a pain to get rid of. Okay so now I'm worried I did something wrong. None of my wallpapers fit anymore, even ones I had made so that they fit on screen perfect. All 4 sides of the image are being chopped off.

Was the first time I doctored so maybe I didn't do it right. Everything on my USB partition was still there, all my browser bookmarks also. I thought that would be deleted. All my patches were in fact gone, but it kept all my launcher pages? I do not have the launcher patch again because it left all the pages I had made so I didn't think I need it again. But I don't think it should have kept that right?

Before the doctor I did not uninstall anything, including the UberKernal. I don't think that should matter right, since it should have wiped everything? I didn't check any wallpapers before I put my patches back on the device, now I kinda wish I did so I know it was was a stock problem or from a patch. I reinstalled all my patches thru webOS quick install, not Preware this time. The only patches I have are:
    4x4 Icons v1, Add Date MM/DD, Bat Icon as %, EV icon to 3G, Close Phone on hangup, Command Line, Device Menu Remix, Device Temp warning, Fullscreen Browser, Glass Effect, Just charge by Default, No missed call callback, Per-Contact Call Rejection, Select Alert and Noti Tones, Temp with Bat in Device Menu, Timestamps Clean, and Unhide Dev mode.

I don't think any of those patches matter but listing them anyway as more info people know better chance to tell me whats going on I did change the boot screen and the unlock screen using WOSQI

I am willing to doctor again but want to make sure its done right this time. Why didn't it delete everything on my USB partition? Should I do a full erase before Doctor? I did not use the Doctor that WOSQI has I went to the Palm site and downloaded theirs. I did not put back on Govna and UberKernal (can't overclock anyway and I don't get TMC much anyway as I reboot nightly and close cards i'm not using)

Any tips or ideas I can fix this without doing another Doctor?
    How are you setting your wallpapers? Are you using the Photo app, or the Screen & Lock app? Use the latter if you haven't tried. Also... double-check that the resolution for the wallpapers is set correctly (320x400)
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Yes through the Screen and Lock app. And the res are correct, in "the doctor is in" wallpaper thread, the BP racecar wallpapers urlmaker made for me, only the Pre versions look "decent", the Pixi ones get chopped on all 4 corners. Its highly annoying.

For example, http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...61#post2635792 the 2nd one with the #16 car with the green on the bottom of the wallpaper, on my Pixi there is no green bottom, the Pixi version cuts off the words "Dyson" so that it starts with the half the "y" and there is no green on the bottom area, the quick launch bar is on the bottom of the car. Using the Pre version, the sides fit correctly, but the bottom and top are chopped off, barley any green showing on the bottom, and nothing on the top, it starts with the lettering. which doesn't make any sense, since they both have the same width.....
    Last edited by saves; 08/31/2010 at 01:26 PM.