Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    <<changed title>>
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    GPS still sucks.
    Finally, one more carrier to go.
    installed on the wifes pixi, but without any overclocking some of the games are kinda sloooooow. When rob, when will you guys be able to overclock the pixi?!

-patiently waiting.
    verizon pre 2 - 2.0, stock
    verizon pre plus - 1.4.5 various patches OC'd 1Ghz.
    verizon pixi plus - various patches, OC'd 800 mhz.
    verizon pixi plus - chillin in my sock drawer
  5.    #46  
    VZ Navigator hide patch doesn't work!
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Downloaded and installed on my Pixi+. Were there supposed to be battery or performance improvements in this update? I haven't been following 1.4.5 closely, but my Pixi seems more responsive.

Time to deactivate my Droid for a few days and take it for a spin...
  7.    #48  
    And the GPS is a bit shotty.
  8.    #49  
    Version information

* Version: webOS 1.4.5
    * Release date: 30 August 2010

New applications

NONE
    Feature changes to existing applications
    System

* Palm Pixi and Palm Pixi Plus phones can now run 3D games and other apps developed with the webOS PDK. Check App Catalog for titles that are compatible with your phone.
    * This release includes minor fixes and enhancements to support the public release of the webOS PDK.

Web

* If a user enters text in a field on certain websites, the screen focus now remains on the text being entered.
    * This release fixes a rare problem so that podcasts now download correctly.

Security

This release addresses several security issues with the Palm webOS software.

We’d like to thank Nils of MWR InfoSecurity and Chris Clark for their help in identifying the issues addressed in this release. Individuals interested in contacting Palm to report suspected security issues can find more information at palm.com/security.
    anyone curious why this came out for the pixi before the pre?...
    Who knows...their love for Android is evident...
    my thing with that is I don't need a newer better phne every month. Everytime I pay my bil I see a newer better faster funner version of what I saw last month. As long as they put out updates regularly and these great guys keep coming up with ingenious patches I'm not going anywhere. I just hope this update comes to the verizon pre quickly behind the pixi.
    I'm sure Pre Plus for Verizon will get their update soon. I have a feeling AT&T won't wait too long since everyone else in the U.S. that has these phones will have it. And yes please remove all themes and non-compliant patches before updating.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Question for you Verizon Pixi Plus peeps now running webOS v1.4.5....

When you look at notes with multiple lines within a contact, do the lines all run together with <br/> displaying where the line should break or do they display properly? (This is when you are NOT in edit mode.)

Wondering if that bug is fixed for you guys. Doubtful, but worth askin'.

For more info on the bug, see this thread on Palm's support forums:
    Notes in contacts display incorrectly since 1.4.5 ... - Palm Support Community
    Quote Originally Posted by danwanna View Post
    Downloaded and installed on my Pixi+. Were there supposed to be battery or performance improvements in this update? I haven't been following 1.4.5 closely, but my Pixi seems more responsive.

Time to deactivate my Droid for a few days and take it for a spin...
    Yes to both.
    It's too bad PDK apps don't run on the Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Biznitch View Post
    It's too bad PDK apps don't run on the Pixi
    Umm... Most actually do.
    Really? I heard there was a problem with 1.4.5 on the Pixi that would lock up PDK apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biznitch View Post
    Really? I heard there was a problem with 1.4.5 on the Pixi that would lock up PDK apps.
    I haven't been around P|C lately, so it's possible I may have missed that. I do remember a bug when 1.4.5 was first rolled out that affected PDK apps, but I assumed Palm took care of it.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Is the fstab issue still here?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast