1.    #1  
    And it is awesome! Got the michele white cover and it feels more secure and sturdier than the one that comes with the phone. Plus the latch where you can tether your phone to your computer or ac is way better than the other. It's not attached to the phone cover so then when you pull back the latch it doesn't want to flop back into place. The latch just stays and doesn give me any more hassles. Palm should have employed it with all their cases! also the buttons on the volume and power are way easier to press. I used to think that my phone had trouble getting the screen to come on but it was just because I wouldn't be pushing in the button on the phone far enough because I wouldn't feel a definite click. This one you press it and you know you pressed it. at a price of 30 dollars its hard to buy something for just a battery cover but it makes the phone feel top notch and a premium item. I recommend you purchase one. It makes your phone feel the way it should.
    lol, wut?
    The OP is talking about the Artist Series of TouchStone backs available for the Pixi.

This is the Michele White back:
    I thought the artist series backs were a really cool original idea. They should embrace it in the future and hopefully create some for their flagship phone that are more geared towards people with an x AND a y chromosome. Please
    ^^ haha Totally agree... not much of a 'snake skin' or 'skull' person and the rest wouldn't do for me! It would be cool to see something come out for the Pre (or the next device) that were less 'foo foo' type backs. Not that there's anything wrong with that
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    ^^ haha Totally agree... not much of a 'snake skin' or 'skull' person and the rest wouldn't do for me! It would be cool to see something come out for the Pre (or the next device) that were less 'foo foo' type backs. Not that there's anything wrong with that
    LOL! I have to agree!

I think in the meantime, my Pre will keep it's nice, classy black back!
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    These don't have the peeling problem that some backs have, do they?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Agreed. I mean that was the only back that felt... Well adrogynous. I sure hope that they employed the craftsmanship of this case onto their new hardware and make it more... Professional. It would cause less problems and make people less frustrated with their hardware breaking. This worksmanship is second to none. Sorry that I am overly excited but this makes the phone much better.
    What about a classic hardwood back cover, that would be kinda neat.
    I'd love to see some backs out of the patterned burnished aluminum on the High end HP Laptops. They are dark and luxurious. The surface doesn't show fingerprints and would be easy to hold without slipping. It could get warm, but I think the grooves of the patterns might help it not feel hot. Since aluminum is nonmagnetic, I wonder if it would be compatible with the touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SFHandyman View Post
    I'd love to see some backs out of the patterned burnished aluminum on the High end HP Laptops. They are dark and luxurious. The surface doesn't show fingerprints and would be easy to hold without slipping. It could get warm, but I think the grooves of the patterns might help it not feel hot. Since aluminum is nonmagnetic, I wonder if it would be compatible with the touchstone.
    plastic is non magnetic too... It's magnetic from the strip in the case.id like a wood or metallic finish, "glass" would be sweet too.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    If anyone is interested there is an option for Pre owners to customize their Touchstone backs. Go to the Custom Covers & Cases for Your Phone, iPhone, BlackBerry, iPod & more from Coveroo and check out all the different designs they have using an official PALM Touchstone back cover. I'm a huge NY Mets fan, and have the Mets logo laser etched, and colorized! It looks great and has caused no issues on the Touchstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoochild View Post
    What about a classic hardwood back cover, that would be kinda neat.
    head over to zagg.com for cool options such as leather. Very nice. Works with the touchstone back, too.
    I second this question: Do the artist series backs peel like the original black one?
    Quote Originally Posted by timjhenry View Post
    I second this question: Do the artist series backs peel like the original black one?
    Nope. For the most part, solid as a rock!

I'm convinced the regular back covers were designed to disintegrate as to require a new purchase every 3-6 months. Bad idea, Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by myevilclone View Post
    Plus the latch where you can tether your phone to your computer or ac is way better than the other. It's not attached to the phone cover so then when you pull back the latch it doesn't want to flop back into place. The latch just stays and doesn't give me any more hassles...
    For now anyway...

One recommendation please. Tape or glue that latch/mini-USB latch shut. If you don't, it will become loose or break, which makes it difficult for you to charge the Pixi later on. I say this because this happened to me. And I baby my phone. I'm on my second artist series back cover. This time, I made sure that USB cover is sealed tight. Where I'm at, Palm company store in Bay Area, they were out of the Michelle/Fish back cover. That was my favorite too.

Really, all the back covers should have been solid state to begin with, no moving parts.

It's easier to remove to Artist Series back cover than the cheap build quality of the normal ones. If you want to hook up Pixi to your computer, just remove the cover.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    So its not rubber? I liked the original case and the standard black touchstone one because they are no slip and should take a little shock every once in a while.
    I have some extra Pre (touchstone) backs and I am messing around with some fun patterns and designs. I will post pictures and let everyone know how they work when I am done with them.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    So its not rubber? I liked the original case and the standard black touchstone one because they are no slip and should take a little shock every once in a while.
    Not rubber, but more of a solid plastic. They give the Pixi a better hold & feel than the traditional rubber back covers. I protect my Pixi with the Artist Series back cover with a belt clip case.