1.    #1  
    Hello! Okay, so i had a Pre for a while, switched to the Pixi because the screen fell off, and then my sister bought one because she liked it. One of the selling points i gave her was that she could use it to access the internet using the MyTether application. MyTether was installed correctly on the phone, but her laptop(running windows 7) does not seem to be able to recognize it. I have noticed that the Novacom and RNDIS Ethernet Gadget drivers are both reporting problems. Now, as a test for the Novacom issue i plugged my phone in and ran the WOSQI and it can see my phone just fine. With hers attached, it sees nothing. I dont know if this reallly matters, because i think the RNDIS driver issue is the only thing that needs to be resolved to allow the tether to work. Any input you wonderful people could provide would be very helpful.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hey there! It sounds like you were going in the right direction.

This thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rint-pixi.html helped me greatly in tethering my Pixi =D

And just a note, you would need to re-enter the terminal stuff if the Pixi shutdown/rebooted. Hope this helps!
  3.    #3  
    Ok! So, her laptop now sees the Pixi as a network adapter, but is saying that there is no internet connection. Why would that be? also, as far as the terminal stuff you talked about, the WOSQI still cannot see her phone and i dont know of any other way to open the terminal screen in windows 7.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Ahh. You can just use the terminal found from preware =D

Follow the instructions from the link and it should be smooth sailing from there. You would get a popup on your phone saying your plan doesn't allow this blah blah when it connects, but it works right after that =P
  5.    #5  
    if preware was installed on her phone maybe. the problem i am having now is that without novacom working, WOSQI and the stand alone PreWare installer both dont work. I have followed multiple ways to install this, and cant tell if its something with the phone or the laptop since its works with my phone. if there is any other way to either a)install preware manually, or b)download something directly through the phones browser than that might help. right now, im stuck without a terminal application and no simple way to install one.
  6.    #6  
    FYI. i figured it out. for some reason, windows did not automatically select the correct driver. i went to manually select a new driver from the list, there was a type called Palm Novacom...i just picked this and it configured correctly. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by s33turt13 View Post
    FYI. i figured it out. for some reason, windows did not automatically select the correct driver. i went to manually select a new driver from the list, there was a type called Palm Novacom...i just picked this and it configured correctly. Thank you.
    I just came for running Ubuntu to Windows 7... can you post how you got the pixi tethering on windows. I would be so happy to finally get it working.
    I don't know if this will help, but I tethered my Pixi using Mobile HotSpot last night. All I did was install the "already patched" version of Mobile Hotspot, and freetetherD. I'm on AT&T, and I considered trying mytether, but wanted to try the free method first. So far, it's working pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post

This thread: [***] helped me greatly in tethering my Pixi =D

And just a note, you would need to re-enter the terminal stuff if the Pixi shutdown/rebooted. Hope this helps!
    Question(s): Do these instructions work for Win7 x64 webOS 1.4.5? I believe I've done everything correctly (the MyTether instructions. Have even attempted FreeTether), all the drivers install correctly but there is still no internet connection. What step could I possibly be missing? I have intermediate knowledge in networking for windows so I am beginning to believe it has something to do with the program/pixi. A fix/solution for either MyTether or freeTether would be appreciated. I've been trying for days now!
    Last edited by blackspidey08; 09/04/2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: added firmware #
    Quote Originally Posted by eps1lon3 View Post

This thread: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pi...rint-pixi.html helped me greatly in tethering my Pixi =D

What firmware are you using? Im using 1.4.5 and have been losing sleep this whole week trying to find either a straight-up solution or other ways around the connection problems Im having. Crazy thing is, after following all of the instructions the best thing that happens is the Windows Update icon pops up then disappears, meaning there is an internet connection somewhere but not stable enough. Have a solution for me? (Win7 x64 webOS 1.4.5)
    if you are using mytehter and have a network connection, but no internet try running pandora in the background. For some reason evdo turns off when using my tether, but pandora keeps evdo up. Wastes the battery though.