1. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Are most of the games not compatible overall? The reason I ask is because I don't see Angry Birds or VBA on the App Catalog, meaning that they are incompatible with the Pixi from what I understand. Do most apps get left out and are only for Pre?
    What carrier are you on?
    this is a problem I've seen since I got my Pixi. I'm really getting tired of seeing 'this app is not currently supported by your device.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Even if you're on Sprint not all apps are Pixi compatible for two reasons:
    1. The different resolution of the Pixi means that developers must manually adjust their apps to support it (EA has been pretty good about this).
    2. There is a bug in the PDK that prevents games that use the 2d SDL library from working on the Pixi. This could easily be fixed by Palm though.
    Ya.. the reason I asked about carrier was to see if you had the 1.4.5 update. I don't have a Pixi, but didn't realize that there was that large of a gap for Pixi games. Of course there is a difference in screen resolution, but thought the devs had set up the newer games to run on either platform.
  6. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    On Sprint with 1.4.5. I would have bought the Pre if it wasn't so expensive on Sprint
    the resolution is reason enough not to expect all games to have a pixi compatible version
  8. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Is it really that hard to support two resolutions? Game devs for other platforms are able to do it without any problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lkr View Post
    On Sprint with 1.4.5. I would have bought the Pre if it wasn't so expensive on Sprint
    there are many Sprint Pres that can be had on ebay for around 100. I however can not use a pre for reasons I have outlined before on this forum. If you don't have any objections to the Pre's design you should have looked for a private sale. The Pre is the stallone of phones you got the dolf lungreund of phones.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Slowly the PDK apps are being ported over to Pixi res. The Drum Kit and Piano just came out last week. mmmm. We need Galcon and Radiant! And I got an e-mail from Angry Birds devs that said they are working on the Pixi ver:

Good news: After a long wait, Angry Birds is now out for Palm Pre! Just tap the App Catalog on your device to get it!

We are working hard to get Angry Birds ready for Pixi as well - expect another email as soon as it's ready!
    Now we just need VBA and I'd be a happy d00d
  11. Lkr
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    VBA would be an instant purchase for me
    VBA on the pixi would be freakin awesome!!! I know it's possible because their is a Gameboy emulator for the centro. It's like awesome!!!! Hey anybody who wants the VBA on the pixi, reply to people and say I want VBA on pixi!!
    I'm VBA addict!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I asked the dev in the internals forum why its not on Pixi and his answer was because he doesn't own a Pixi and the code would have to be changed some, and the emulator doesn't do a good enough job to fix everything that can go wrong, so he just hasn't done it.

;( he did say he might at some point. maybe.
    So what PDK's ARE available for the Pixi (Sprint 1.4.5)? I want to be able to tell my girls what to d/l. Any games?
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    So what PDK's ARE available for the Pixi (Sprint 1.4.5)? I want to be able to tell my girls what to d/l. Any games?
    I just got Raging Thunder this morning, its a racing game. Runs very well on my Pixi.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G