1.    #1  
    hey guys, I work at a company that uses the Spark IM client to communicate with their employees. I've googled almost everything on a mobile spark I.m client for WebOS but I haven't had any luck. I also noticed that in the app store there are several chat clients that have jabber built in. Will jabber work for me to login with my company accout or am I SOL on this one? Anyone know if there even is a Spark IM client for WebOS? Your response is greatly appreciated. This is driving me insane. Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/29/2010 at 08:11 PM. Reason: fixed typo in title
    Quote Originally Posted by debrad0307 View Post
    hey guys, I work at a company that uses the Spark I.M client to communicate with their employees. I've googled almost everything on a mobile spark I.m client for WebOS but I haven't had any luck. I also noticed that in the app store there are several chat clients that have jabber built in. Will jabber work for me to login with my company accout or am I SOL on this one? Anyone know if there even is a Spark I.M client for WebOS? Your response is greatly appreciated. This is driving me insane. Thanks for the help.
    Even if you were able to find a client for this, it looks like Spark IM is for internal communication on company networks. You would need to connect your Pixi to the company LAN (via wifi) and be able to connect to their internal chat server. At many places, this simply won't be possible.

ADD: It might be possible if they made their chat server facing the internet, which seems to defeat the whole purpose of it anyway.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    timjhenry agreed. But if they use SSL on the chat server, in the same way that work email can sometimes be open with ssl, they could open up jabber as well. VPNs are great if people need that type of access, but I hate it if its a requirement for simple things.
    It looks like Spark IM uses XMPP/Jabber. Assuming you have access to the network, Greg's jabber plugin might work for you.

Do a search on "Gregs messaging". You'll find the thread with his plugins. They kick *****!