1.    #1  
    I am presently on my 2nd pixi. The first one got replaced under warranty when it got locked in headphone mode. I was using a set of iphone earbuds to listen to music on it, and after that I could only use a hands-free or put it on speaker. It was as if whatever switch tells it that there are headphones present got stuck. I would like to continue to use headphones to listen to music on it, but I'm sort of gun-shy now. Is this a common problem, or a fluke? Should I look into a bluetooth solution as to avoid using the jack?
    it's a problem with the jack, not the headphones.

sometimes you can solve the stuck in headphone mode with a q-tip or blowing into the jack because it's usually a hardware issue.

your i-phone headset should work.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I use headphones daily at work on lunch, listening to podcasts.

I would say your last problem was a fluke with the unit.
    just like the old palm device...the jack is not good enough..might be ..
  5.    #5  
    Just so I understand, is this a common problem or not? I figured it was a problem with the jack as opposed to the headset--but is this a problem that is rare?
    I haven't had this problem, but I haven't used the jack too often. Only a couple times in the car with an auxiliary cable. I would use it more often if the default Music app didn't suck so much. :/
    Workerb33 is right, it's the headphone jack - specifically dust in the headphone jack. I usually take a Q-tip, remove as much of the cotton as possible, dip it in rubbing alcohol, and clean out jack.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    AARRGGG this just happened to mine today, I was listening to some podcasts and now it's stuck in headphone mode, I have had this phone since may with no problem before! /vader yell, NNNNnnnnnooooooooooooooooo
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    The only really guaranteed way to fix it is to use a tooth-pick to get the little spring to pop.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    be sure to remove the battery before sticking anything in there o.o
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    the q-tip without the fuzz worled instantly. I've used head phones each day since without it again. I mowed the lawn that day before the issue maybe had some dirt/dust got it somehow idk