1.    #1  
    Hi everyone I have searched the forum and found many threads about it but all of the posted solutions are not helping me. I have a Palm Pixi with the latest updates. Ive tried using Windows 7 and Windows XP. I downloaded and tried both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the novacom drivers but I still get the "No Device Connected" error. Ive tried different USB ports, powering on and off my phone, plugging it into the charger, and using a different computer.

I cant even install a fresh copy of WebOS because I cant click the Next button. And yes I clicked the help button and tried all the troubleshooting but it didn't fix the problem. Its probably something obvious cause Im new to all this. What could the problem be?
    what are you trying to do? Work with the usb storage, or install preware?
  3.    #3  
    Install preware, use tweaks, themes, etc.
    You have your Pixi in developer mode right?
    so, you have to be in developer mode first. Have you done that?

start here:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/homeb...s-section.html

that subforum is the best place to post questions, depending on which homebrew element you are working with.
  6.    #6  
    Im sure its in developer mode ive checked it so many times haha. Im looking it over now. What else is there to check?
    install quickinstall etc. Make sure you are using the palm cable that came with your phone. Some cables won't work.

other than that, tell quickinstall to reinstall novacom drivers.

when you restart your phone, do it without it being plugged in to the pc.

at that point, I'm out of ideas.
    is quickinstall saying it can't see your phone?
  9.    #9  
    Correct. Using quick install pretty much every action is answered with a "No Device Detected. Please connect your device then hit "OK".
    and using an official palm cable?

abd restarting the phone completely before connecting?

and it's the right version of quickinstall and OSdoctor for your phone?
  11.    #11  
    thanks for all the replies. yes its the cord that came with the phone.

When I opened quick install I picked the options Sprint, Pixi, USB Device. So im guessing it downloaded the right version of OSdoctor. OSdoctor cant connect either when it gets to the part "Please connect your phone and click next" The phone is connected but the "Next" button is greyed out.
  12.    #12  
    The panic button in quick install doesnt work either. How can I fix it? I have everything backed up so if it wipes everything thats fine, I just want to get Preware and the Tweaks window to work in quickinstall. The USB drive works fine and I can see the files on the phone. Can I do anything with that to fix it?
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    Make sure your Palm Novacom service is running. Start -> Run -> services.msc -> Palm Novacom. If you don't have it installed. Use Revouninstaller to uninstall Palm Novacom and reinstall it with WebOS Quick Install.
    Sprint Palm 2 - Developer Mode - 2.1.0
  14.    #14  
    Ok I checked my services and saw that it was running. I clicked restart and after trying it again I get the same result.

Ive only been having problems connected with quick install ever since my phone updated. If I can't get this working is it possible to replace the files by using the flash drive(flash drive works fine). Just an idea. If not, what else can i do?
  15.    #15  
    I just uninstalled the drivers in device manager and plugged my phone back into my computer. Windows will say "Installing Device" but it doesnt work, it gives me the message "Driver did not install successfully"

-Novacom
    -RNDIS Ethernet Gadget

Drivers Not Found

I have manually downloaded the novacom driver and installed it and in device manager it will still list it as a yellow question mark.
  16.    #16  
    Ok for anyone else that has this problem this is how I got it to work.

1. Backed up phone data and contacts.

2. I went to device info in the launcher and did "Full Erase"

After it was complete i simply connected my phone and everything worked including preware, tweaks, themes, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by roesler1331 View Post
    ok for anyone else that has this problem this is how i got it to work.

1. Backed up phone data and contacts.

2. I went to device info in the launcher and did "full erase"

after it was complete i simply connected my phone and everything worked including preware, tweaks, themes, etc.
    omg thank you so freaking much
    Next time download Palm driver to your computer. A lot easier. Here it is..Palm PalmConnect USB Port Driver Download.

I hope that procedure work for you.
    Good Luck.