1.    #1  
    I downloaded Audacity and got it all figured out. Put one of my ringtones in audacity to make it louder by amplifying it and when I save it to my computer as a .wav or .mp3 and put it in my phone it does nothing when you click on play to preview it. I put it in my ringtones file like it's supposed to be but everytime I preview it by pushing play on my phone it doesn't make any sound at all. Any body know how to fix this? I'm just trying to make the "shimmer (short)" ringtone louder, I can barley hear it when it's in my pocket.
    Your problem is probably that the ringtones are identified by the ID3 tag rather than the filename and you can edit that by using the Audacity menu item Project>Edit ID3 tags, before File>Export as MP3.
    here is a place you can get the files with the volume already pumped up:

http://m.precentral.net/louder-palm-pre-ringtone-volume
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Your problem is probably that the ringtones are identified by the ID3 tag rather than the filename and you can edit that by using the Audacity menu item Project>Edit ID3 tags, before File>Export as MP3.
    Thank you. I will give this a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    here is a place you can get the files with the volume already pumped up:

http://m.precentral.net/louder-palm-pre-ringtone-volume
    Thank you. I downloaded this and it's cool they did that...but they don't have the shimmer ringtone Thank you for telling me about it though
    Quote Originally Posted by Bella Vapor View Post
    Thank you. I will give this a try.

Thank you. I downloaded this and it's cool they did that...but they don't have the shimmer ringtone Thank you for telling me about it though
    You are welcome. I strongly recommend that you use the program they used to create those. I tried it and it worked like a charm.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  6.    #6  
    It worked...I had to download Lame Library, but it worked. Thanks so much y'all
  7.    #7  
    Workerb is Audacity what they use to make those? Just wanna make sure I'm using the right thing and I'm not gonna mess anything up.
    Workerb is Audacity what they use to make those? Just wanna make sure I'm using the right thing and I'm not gonna mess anything up.
    No, it is a program called "MP3 Gain" and it works great for this. I also have Audacity for other stuff, but you can't beat MP3 Gain:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...er-volume.html
    They used MP3 Gain but Audacity should work too. I've used both.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Any audio editing software with a volume adjustment effect should work. I use Adobe Audition and it works well. thorne
  11.    #11  
    Thank you so much everyone I'm glad I found this forum! Y'all are so much help
    hang in there. there are a couple of good "starter threads" to read and you will be an expert in no time. 5 gestures, 5 days, addicted for life!
    Here a Shimmer amplified with Audacity.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #14  
    Thanks johncc I appreciate that very much. Got it all figured out finally so all is good.