1.    #1  
    So recently my palm pixi has taken a turn for the worst...it refuses to take any pictures, ill snap a pic and after a few seconds the message *Unable to take picture* and this goes with the video as well, but it's taken a step further and won't let me view videos already recorded(i can view previously taken pictures) and then probably the most irksome issue is that i no longer am notified, ringtone wise, of any incoming calls, and my alarm does not make a noise either. My first thought was that i blew my speaker somehow but im still getting the system alert whenever i receive a text message and that comes out of the speaker. Yes I have dropped my phone, but not at a time that correlates with when the problems started, can somebody please attempt to diagnose this or offer suggestions on how to fix it?
    Have you rebooted recently?

Do you have any patches or anything installed?

You'll get better responses if you provide more information.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  3.    #3  
    rebooted as in turned on and off?

no patches, i wasnt even aware i could get them until looking around on this forum for a bit, i do have apps downloaded

lol sorry, im not very tech savvy so i wasnt sure as to what information i needed to provide
    It's obvious something as corrupt some file(s). You need to perform a webos doctor to have things back to normal. Here is the new link to the doc: Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals. Also, the link to getting preware on your phone: http://www.precentral.net/how-add-ho...hes-and-themes. With preware you can customize your phone to fit your everyday life.

Good Luck.
    Or you could run a webos repair utility. It will do the same thing while keeping your info on your phone in tact and you can still use your phone while it's running. http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html and to get into developer mode type "webos20090606" without quotes from the main screen of your phone, then click the developer icon and enable it. restart the phone when it asks and youll be good. keep the phone "just charge" dont go to usb mode. Also, while you're in developer mode if you want you can add preware by downloading webos quick install.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by ydocgnortsmra View Post
    ... it refuses to take any pictures, ... i no longer am notified, ringtone wise, of any incoming calls, and my alarm does not make a noise either. ...
    This same set of symptoms started happening to me when I allowed Sprint to update my Pixi to webOS 1.4.5. As suggested above, I ran webOS Repair Utility, but it didn't find anything significant. I'm going to have Sprint fix things, since it's only a few months old.
    Quote Originally Posted by ydocgnortsmra View Post
    rebooted as in turned on and off?

As in Select the [Device Info] icon in the launcher, scroll to the bottom of the screen, press [Reset Options] and select [Restart]

or

Press and hold the on/off switch until [Aeroplane Mode]/[Power]/[Cancel] are displayed, press [Power], then [Restart]
    Quote Originally Posted by RossPatterson View Post
    This same set of symptoms started happening to me when I allowed Sprint to update my Pixi to webOS 1.4.5. As suggested above, I ran webOS Repair Utility, but it didn't find anything significant. I'm going to have Sprint fix things, since it's only a few months old.
    Soft- and hard-reset didn't help. Tomorrow Sprint is replacing my Pixi.
    well I've wanted that 1.4.5 update for awhile now but I think I will pass if that is causing all of those issues. Good luck with sprint, I used to work for them.. Bunch of jerks. I hope you get your Pixi fixed though.
    I don't think any of these problem(s) is cause by 1.4.5 at all. Remember that these are called electronic devices. Don't tell me you were expecting non-problamatic devices. (e.g. The world we live in.)

As for as sprint is concern.. Everyone have their own opinion about them.
    agreed with RL...

you can always run the webOS doctor to refresh your phone to its factory settings...
    if it doesnt help, then you definitely need to have the phone repaired or replaced
    What happens when you run out of storage space?

Will the phone tell you outright or will you be denied access to write new files?