Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have been using preware for a while and am thinking of just removing it because all of the decent apps on there are for the pre, the range of pixi apps on there are basically just the ones in the app. catalog, so what the point of it for the pixi?
    Not at all. I have a crapload of stuff downloaded from preware.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
  3.    #3  
    what have you downloaded?
    *Applications*
    -Govnah
    -SMS Auto Forward/Reply

*Kernel*
    -Uberkernel (Pixi/Pixi+)

*Linux Application*
    -Lsdiff
    -Diffstat
    -GNU Patch

*Patch*
    -4x4 Icons v1
    -Ad Blocker
    -Add Bing and Yahoo and Remove Twitter
    -Add Date - MM/DD
    -Add Delete Buttons
    -Add Move to Folder Button
    -Add One Minute Interval
    -Add Open URL Menu Option
    -Add Option to Send Link Message
    -Add Select All and New Message
    -Add Space Between Snooze and Dismiss
    -Add Sync Now
    -Additional Contact Labels
    -Advanced Options in Launcher
    -Alarm Daily Options
    -All-Day Events in Month View
    -Audio/Video Attachments
    -Auto Enable and Disable GPS for Maps
    -Auto Show Dialpad for Outgoing Calls Only
    -Battery Icon as Percent
    -Call Duration in Call Log
    -Call History During Call
    -Call Log Styling Mod
    -Character Counter
    -Charging Alert Vibrate Only
    -Close on hangup
    -Compose to Email
    -Copy URL to Clipboard
    -Default to Month View
    -Delete All Conversations and Texts
    -Device Menu Megamix
    -Device Menu Megamix with Media Vol Control
    -Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 20 Percent
    -Disable Low Battery Warning Sound 10 Percent
    -Enable Dialpad Vibration with Audio
    -Enable Verizon aGPS Server for Improved GPS
    -Enable Vibration
    -Faster Card Animations HYPER Version
    -Format app menu for adding date
    -Full IM Status
    -Fullscreen Mode Browser
    -Hide Amazon MP3 App
    -Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix
    -Hide VZNav
    -Improved Edited Video Filenames
    -Improved Photo Naming PIXI
    -Just Charge By Default
    -Match State to Area Code
    -More Reminder Alarm Times
    -No Arrows or Fade Bar
    -No Auto-Answer Upon Touchstone Removal
    -No Missed Call Callback
    -Power Button to End Calls
    -Prevent Removal
    -Read/Delete All Email
    -Reset Options on Power Button Hold
    -Reset to First Page
    -Send All Contacts via Email
    -Shake to Reload
    -Share Image Message Option
    -Share Larger Videos Via Email
    -Show Actual Battery Percent
    -Show App Details
    -Sign In As Invisible in IM
    -Simple Shutter Sound Off
    -SMS Icon for mobile tagged numbers only
    -Standby Times Deluxe
    -Swipe to Delete
    -Timestamps Clean
    -Unlimited Recipients
    -Video Camera Flashlight (Doesn't work right now)
    -Video Downloads

*Service*
    -SysToolsMgr
    -FileMgr

*Theme*
    -The Ultimate Pre Theme Theme
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Not at all. I have a crapload of stuff downloaded from preware.
    exactly a CRAPload meaning you have downloaded a ton of the crap from preware
    Any particular reason for the preware bash? if you don't like it, remove it. No need to come on here and throw a fit. We can't tell you whether you like it or not, ultimately that's up to you. But you obviously don't think highly of preware, so there's your answer. Click the options button and click on preware. bye bye preware.
  7.    #7  
    All of those apps are from like one section of preware, thats the one section of preware that almost makes it bearable for me
    I have a pixi to. I use preware for themes and patches. It's pretty nice to have. I check preware about once a month for new patches. You are right about the apps tho. We need more for the pixi, espicially since 1.4.5 just came out
  9.    #9  
    All i have on mine are the patches too.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    Any particular reason for the preware bash? if you don't like it, remove it. No need to come on here and throw a fit. We can't tell you whether you like it or not, ultimately that's up to you. But you obviously don't think highly of preware, so there's your answer. Click the options button and click on preware. bye bye preware.
    I didnt come on here to bash preware at all, in my posts i didnt say anything bad of preware did i? im just saying that the difference of decent apps is huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    I have been using preware for a while and am thinking of just removing it because all of the decent apps on there are for the pre, the range of pixi apps on there are basically just the ones in the app. catalog, so what the point of it for the pixi?
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. Are you referring to homebrew apps or app catalog apps? Preware can't manufacture apps that don't otherwise exist.
    I have a pixi to. I use preware for themes and patches. It's pretty nice to have. I check preware about once a month for new patches. You are right about the apps tho. We need more for the pixi, espicially since 1.4.5 just came out
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    I'm not sure what you are referring to. Are you referring to homebrew apps or app catalog apps? Preware can't manufacture apps that don't otherwise exist.
    Really all i am saying is that preware is really uneeded because of all homebrew is designed for the pre.
  14.    #14  
    maybe they should make pixiware and maybe pixicentral.... jk
    All i have on mine are the patches too.
    Really all i am saying is that preware is really uneeded because of all homebrew is designed for the pre.
    You still need it for on-phone patching, and surely you agree that many of your installed patches are must-haves.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    You still need it for on-phone patching, and surely you agree that many of your installed patches are must-haves.
    actually the patches i have are

delete all texts and conversations
    battery percent and icon white red teal
    add date mm/dd/yy
    Apart from SDL games (which up until 1.4.5 were not supported at all on the Pixi), what homebrew apps are you referring to that are only available on the Pre?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18.    #18  
    there have been quite a few apps that i have attempted to download and they dont work on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Apart from SDL games (which up until 1.4.5 were not supported at all on the Pixi), what homebrew apps are you referring to that are only available on the Pre?

-- Rod
    I too, would like to know. I have a Verizon Pre Plus and have gone to lengths to make sure all my apps and patches (excluding LED ones) work fully on the Pixi.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    there have been quite a few apps that i have attempted to download and they dont work on my phone.
    Such as ... ?

I can't think of a single app that does not use SDL which does not work on the Pixi. And the only patches I can think of are the LED torch patches, cause no-one has been able to work out how to control that on the Pixi hardware.

But since there have been quite a few for you, please list some of them for us ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast