Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39
  1.    #21  
    also i said nothing of patches
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    there have been quite a few apps that i have attempted to download and they dont work on my phone.
    Time for some specifics. What apps have you loaded that do not work for you?
  3. #23  
    I love preware but most of the new games are not available on the pixi. By the way did I already say I love preware.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by makatram View Post
    I love preware but most of the new games are not available on the pixi. By the way did I already say I love preware.
    Those are not homebrew though ...

    -- Rod
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    exactly a CRAPload meaning you have downloaded a ton of the crap from preware
    I don't understand why you would make such a derogatory statement about applications that homebrew developers have provided for free, and which are obviously worthwhile enough for them to go to the effort of writing, distributing and supporting them at no cost to the user but at great cost to their free time.

    What are your contributions to the community that allow you to make such statements?

    -- Rod
  6.    #26  
    I have said nothing of only being available to the pre, i said that they didnt work on my phone.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I don't understand why you would make such a derogatory statement about applications that homebrew developers have provided for free, and which are obviously worthwhile enough for them to go to the effort of writing, distributing and supporting them at no cost to the user but at great cost to their free time.

    What are your contributions to the community that allow you to make such statements?

    -- Rod
    Haha you tickle me. That was in no way derogatory that was me restating what he said, he said a crapload thats like saying a lot of crap right? dictionary.com defines crap as (and this is what he and i both meant)
    3: rubbish; junk; litter
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    I have said nothing of only being available to the pre, i said that they didnt work on my phone.
    That's not what your first post in this thread says.

    What is your point again?

    -- Rod
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    I have been using preware for a while and am thinking of just removing it because all of the decent apps on there are for the pre, the range of pixi apps on there are basically just the ones in the app. catalog, so what the point of it for the pixi?
    Ok so where in the entire thing did i say they dont work for the pixi, i said they are basically directed to the pre...
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    Ok so where in the entire thing did i say they dont work for the pixi, i said they are basically directed to the pre...
    And yet you still haven't given a single example of such an application (a homebrew application which does not require SDL but is somehow directed towards the Pre but not the Pixi) to support your argument ...

    -- Rod
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    I have said nothing of only being available to the pre, i said that they didnt work on my phone.
    That's an interesting statement also... now you are saying that it isn't that the apps don't work on the Pixi.... they just don't work on YOUR device. So, you would rather bash the entire Homebrew community and developers who offer all of these items for free, instead of simply finding out what the minor issue is (if any) that keeps the apps from supposedly working on your device.

    Let's just say that if the OP cannot supply specific examples to back-up the main statement, this thread is going nowhere and we will just close it as a bait thread.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/23/2010 at 12:17 AM.
  12. #32  
    Obvious troll is obvious. Somebody close this thread.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    That's an interesting statement also... now you are saying that it isn't that the apps don't work on the Pixi.... they just don't work on YOUR device. So, you would rather bash the entire Homebrew community and developers who offer all of these items for free, instead of simply finding out what the minor issue is (if any) that keeps the apps from supposedly working on your device.

    Let's just say that if the OP cannot supply specific examples to back-up the main statement, this thread is going nowhere and we will just close it as a bait thread.
    See you are taking things completely out of context, i am in no way bashing the homebrew community, and if you have even read a single thing i have posted every single thing hasn't been bashing at all. The title is Preware useless for Pixi? this is a QUESTION and i just wanted to here peoples opinions, i didnt wanna come on here and defend myself and my opinions
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    See you are taking things completely out of context, i am in no way bashing the homebrew community, and if you have even read a single thing i have posted every single thing hasn't been bashing at all. The title is Preware useless for Pixi? this is a QUESTION and i just wanted to here peoples opinions, i didnt wanna come on here and defend myself and my opinions
    I haven't taken anything out of context. I read every post you made in here very carefully. Now, you have two of the main developers in here also asking you for specific examples of what you claim and you have dodged the questions. So it would be nice if you could give specific examples as both Rod and Jason have requested... if there is an issue, I'm sure they can help you resolve it.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    See you are taking things completely out of context, i am in no way bashing the homebrew community, and if you have even read a single thing i have posted every single thing hasn't been bashing at all. The title is Preware useless for Pixi? this is a QUESTION and i just wanted to here peoples opinions, i didnt wanna come on here and defend myself and my opinions
    Consider these two sentences:

    1) Are you a useless book writer?

    2) The book that you wrote does not interest me.

    See the difference?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Consider these two sentences:

    1) Are you a useless book writer?

    2) The book that you wrote does not interest me.

    See the difference?

    -- Rod
    I haven't called any of the "writers" useless, nor have i called preware useless.
    I asked for an opinion if preware was useless for a pixi user in my position. I'm sorry if i offended you with this thread, but i meant no harm with it.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by bjeffrey View Post
    I haven't called any of the "writers" useless, nor have i called preware useless.
    I asked for an opinion if preware was useless for a pixi user in my position. I'm sorry if i offended you with this thread, but i meant no harm with it.
    No offense taken - but I still wonder why you haven't given a single example of a non-SDL homebrew app, available for or directed towards the Pre but not the Pixi, to illustrate your point ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #38  
    Why on Rod's green earth, are you all enabling?
    Is this nonsensical thread worth the discussion?
  19. #39  
    Since the OP is not able to illustrate his point, it is time to close this thread down.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions