1.    #1  
    My Pixi's been doing the strangest thing ever since I updated it to 1.4.5. None of the system sounds play, and the phone doesn't vibrate, either. The Media App will still play music, and when I toggle the ringer switch, the phone will vibrate, but I can't get ANY sounds out of this phone. I doctored it earlier (accidentally to 1.3.2, which was lying around my computer for some reason) and they played fine again, but once I doctored again to 1.4.5, it stopped again.

On top of all that, my battery flap thingy JUST broke off. I swear, I'm about ready to throw this phone out my window and get an EVO or something. Somebody please help.

Update: Toggling Developer Mode off and then back on (I always keep it enabled) seemed to fix the issue. I suppose that man just isn't meant to know how some things work, is he?
    Last edited by macchappy; 08/21/2010 at 05:42 AM.
    I experienced the exact same problem recently (2 weeks ago) when I updated to 1.4.5. My Pixi's ring-tones and the other sound-based media apps stopped producing sounds. Really annoyed me. I called the Sprint customer service # and they had me do a hard reset and, of course, in the heat of the moment, I forgot to backup my jVault data and lost it all. Then, when the hard reset failed to fix the problems, Sprint agreed to send me a replacement phone with a $15 "inconvenience" credit. Before I got the replacement, I took the troubled Pixi into a Sprint store and asked the technician to fix it. He couldn't and suggested I get a replacement. When I updated to 1.4.5 on the replacement, I've had no problems. Go figure!
    I think there is a bug in 1.4.5. I have a Sprint Pre and noticed that after the update to 1.4.5 that the built-in audio tests on the phone act like they work but they produce no sound like they should. Doctored back to 1.4.1.1 and they work again. I have told Palm about this issue. Also noticed the problem at a Sprint store on their Pre demo phone and told one of their techs about it. He seemed surprised. (I was in the store because of bad speaker on my Pre). Thought I would check their demo unit.