1.    #1  
    I have what I believe is a Pixi Plus (at least everything I got from Verizon says it is a Plus), and everything I have researched about the Touch Stone is that the "Plus" should already be set up to use the Touch Stone without needing a different back cover. But I can not get mine to work on the Touch Stone. Does anyone know how I can tell if my Pixi is indeed a Plus, and ifso, how I can tell if it is set up to use the Touch Stone?

Thanks!

Jeff
    Nope. I have verizon and the pixi plus, but i don't know where you read that it comes stock with a touchstone back. You need to buy the back seperately. You can tell the difference because a touchstone back has dimples in it and the stock one is smooth. Your pixi is a plus (just means it has wifi pretty much).
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    It's the AT&T Pixi that came with a TS back I believe.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    That back should work. Notice the telltale dimples. Are you using the tstone at home or in the car? Do you have the Palm cord and plug? Some 3rd party chargers (wall or car) do not put out enough power for the tstone. The tstone will not work from a computer USB port either.

If all the above is covered then it may be a defective back or tstone. So I'd head on back to the store. Good luck.
    I was referring to the back in the picture above. If your back isn't dimples, you'll need a compatible back. Radio Shack has had them one sale for $5-7.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    It's the AT&T Pixi that came with a TS back I believe.
    No way, I have an at&t Pixi Plus and it doesnt come with a TS cover, I had to buy mine separately at Vz.
    i want to buy that touchstone back cover but i'm from indonesia, nobody sells it
    talk to palm, I'm sure they'll set you up.
  10.    #10  
    Sure enough, my back cover was not the right one. And sure enough, when I stopped at Radio Shack on my way home from work yesterday they had exactly what I needed on clearance for $3.97 (and a Palm car charger for $8). Score! Thanks for all the help.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    I too thought the Pixi Plus on Vzw was shipped with a compatible TS back. It is the same texture as my Pre Plus. Guess I know why my wife's Pixi Plus won't charge on the TS.
    Lol now u know why!
    Global Posts
    2,152 Global Posts
    Yep! Went by my local Radio Shack, picked up a Pixi TS back cover for $4 and another TS charger for $8.

They only have 1 Pixi TS back cover left. If anybody needs one, let me know and I'll go pick it up for them.
  14.    #14  
    Well that makes me feel better to know I am not the only one that was apparently told that the Pixi Plus would work on the TS without a new cover.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    you guys are lucky i went to radioshack today and they dont sell any palm stuff
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Yep just go to RS, their ubber cheap!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I have 3 Pixi touchstone backs, if anyone is interested in them. Just pay shipping (shipping via USPS should be incredibly cheap).