1.    #1  
    My girlfriend just bought a palm pixi. She cannot use the web browser to get onto TCFbank.com When she gets onto the site it you have an older internet browser that is not supported by thier site. Is there anyway to get a different web browser or make her current web browser work for this site.
    Does it work from the iPhone? If so your can install a patch that will spoof the website into thinking the webOS browser is in fact an iPhone.

Install Preware (link below) for the easiest way to install patches. Once installed search for iPhone and you will find it.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  3.    #3  
    I am not sure what you are talking about as far as patches. I dont see a link, it looks like i dont have enough post to see links in the signatures.
    Oh ya...posting in the message:

Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

Preware is a homebrew application that allows you to install (among other things) modifications to webOS. While not totally endorsed by Palm at the same time it practically is and will not void any warranties (so long as you don;t start overclocking).
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    That's strange... I'm using a palm pre and I'm able to bring up that site with my phone. I'm currently using google for my web engine.

Try removing the battery to see if that would reset the device. That's a hard reset... That might do the job.
    Good luck.
  6.    #6  
    So i install this into my computer and then on the phone, then what?
    careful with the iphone spoof on the pixi...I have a kernel installed, a good 40 patches, and govnah - but the only thing that ever made me dr my pixi was that iphone spoof patch. This is just an experience warning, not saying def don't do it, but once I installed it - my phone was stuck in reboot forever, I let it try to reboot for 20 minutes, and nothing. Then had to dr, wipe clean, and reinstall everything.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by flamingpixi View Post
    careful with the iphone spoof on the pixi...I have a kernel installed, a good 40 patches, and govnah - but the only thing that ever made me dr my pixi was that iphone spoof patch. This is just an experience warning, not saying def don't do it, but once I installed it - my phone was stuck in reboot forever, I let it try to reboot for 20 minutes, and nothing. Then had to dr, wipe clean, and reinstall everything.

Do you have any suggestions then? I dont want to screw up her phone
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I can get to the front page of that site myself on my Pixi, but if you go to the "sign in" link, their browser detect will stop us.

The code is here usng secure web.. I can't post the full URL yet.
    secure.tcfexpress.com/tcf/javascript/browserdetect_lite.jsjsjs

Looks like the user agent for iPhone is Mozilla, not Safari, so that may work as Mozillia is in the list, but I can't speak on the quality of the patch for WebOS but it sounds risky. I don't see that they have any special cases for device browsers, so the site probably won't be optimized for iPhone anyway. Are there any other generic User Agent switchers besides the iPhone one?
    it's pretty hard to screw up her phone. one of the great things about Palm phones is that they can be easily reset back to "factory fresh" very easily (using a tool called webOS Doctor), and all of her stuff will automatically be restored from her Palm profile and any other cloud services she is connected to. It's like being able to reformat a hard drive and rebuild a windows install from scratch, but it only takes a few minutes and without losing your data.

You can experiment without worrying. And there are plenty of people here that are really helpful if you have questions...
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
    I just tried that web site, and the message appears to be based on not having support for a high enough level of encryption. Someone smarter than me can probably tell us if the Pre browser can handle the same level of encryption as IE 8 or whatever...

You have to hit the "log in" link to get the error message...
  12.    #12  
    ok, so what is everyone suggestions? Should I give it a try and see if the Mozillia will work or what? Can someone give me to directions step by step if it does screw her phone up? Where do i get the webos doctor is it an app? Thanks for all your help
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Palm - webOS Doctor for Palm Pre for Sprint

Its easy to use.

I think she just may not be in luck, if its a encryption problem. I've never ran into a site yet I couldn't visit. Wachoiva works fine. That sucks ;( Hope someone can help find an answer for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wags1992 View Post
    ok, so what is everyone suggestions? Should I give it a try and see if the Mozillia will work or what? Can someone give me to directions step by step if it does screw her phone up? Where do i get the webos doctor is it an app? Thanks for all your help

You might send a PM to HardbeatZ, and he can guide you to a Palm support process, too.
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...

...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  15.    #15  
    Its easy to use.

I think she just may not be in luck, if its a encryption problem. I've never ran into a site yet I couldn't visit. Wachoiva works fine. That sucks ;( Hope someone can help find an answer for this.[/QUOTE]

I used the link you gave me and It goes through the whole process but then says the phone is not compatible with the webos doctor software
  16.    #16  
    Ok I got the preware install and the webos doctor. Where do i go now. I dont think the iphone one is working. i did the free version and it just has a iphone theme it doesn't actually do anything.
    no, go into the "tweaks" section and look for an item called iPhone Spoof and check the box next to it.

Just to set your expectations, I doubt this will help you.All it does is add some text to the header so the server thinks it's an iPhone. If the site has a version optimized for iPhone (or Android), it will automatically redirect you to it. You can often do that manually by trying an "m." in front of it. PreCentral is a good example.

There is precentral.net and m.precentral.net

Sometimes the use "mobile" instead of just "m"

EDIT: I just tried tcfbank.com/mobile and it returned a site "under construction" so they are clearly ramping up to support mobile. You might not have much luck until then. If you know anyone with an iPhone, see if they can make the site work from their iPhone browser because Palm and iPhone both use the webkit browser... so that's often a good test.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Workerb33; 08/19/2010 at 11:01 PM.