Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Well here's my story; I'm in the middle of a text and i look down and its frozen in mind sentence. The screen turns off, but the back light was on. I hit the power button, back light came on, about 5 seconds later it went off. and i repeated that about 10 times, usually it'll turn on, not this time. So i pull the battery for 5 minutes, still nothing. Pull it for 10 STILL NOTHING. I was close to a Verizon store and they said they can get me one over nighted for 10 bucks. It is a refurbished one, but its from Palm, not Verizon.

I get out to my car.. and the damn thing works. I still have the phone coming tomorrow, What should i do? I'm gonna doctor it right now to see if it changes anything.

My phone i have right now is in perfect condition. Except for a small dent on the bottom when i dropped it on the pavement. And i've noticed when i press a key on the bottom left, the back light on the keypad in that area turns off.

Should I bite the bullet and use the refurbished one? or keep on using the one i have now. Ive had it for about 2 months.
    Before you do anything, perform a doctor on your phone. That should fix any freezing issues. Here is the link to the newest versions. :Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quick question, I have Verizon, i don't have 1.4.5 yet, which version should i choose?

Never mind, i was looking a Sprint.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    When connecting the phone to the computer for the doctor, what do i choose? Just charge, USB Drive or Media Sync? I can't press the next button to continue.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    When connecting the phone to the computer for the doctor, what do i choose? Just charge, USB Drive or Media Sync? I can't press the next button to continue.
    Turn your phone off. Unplug from computer. Hold down the volume up button and plug the phone back in.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Just as you said that i figured it out. LOL Its in the process on doctoring it now.. Will my patches still be there? Man i hope so.. lol
    No, not unless you used the save/restore utility from preware. I think it has a list in your USB drive on your phone though. Don't quote me.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Ok, it's all done, illl see how it goes tonight and tomorrow.
    Patches/Themes/Kernels/, can always be installed after a webos doctor. Don't ever let those extras stop you from performing a doc. It's better to have a excellent running phone, than anything else.

Phone should always be in recovery mode, when performing a webos doctor. How to put phone in Recovery Mode. Read this: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ode-steps.html
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Well it didnt freeze tonight. I pulled it off the touchstone and it was extremely laggy. I never even touched the screen and it was showing that i did. But after about 30 seconds of that it was back to normal.. Still not sure on what to do!
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I just got the refurbished Pixi, its in pristine condition, not scratches at all, it looks like its never been used. I did notice on the back, it has a sticker "PM-07152010" My old one didnt have that. My old one was also one from when they first came out as well..

What are some of the benefits to using this refurbished phone?? My warranty is still intact.
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Well, after activating it. I found alot of flaws in it. The left speaker is blown and the ringer switch is faulty, if i touch it slightly it mutes it. This ****es me off.
    I suggest you use the refurbished phone as a back.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Just got off the phone to Verizion, Gonna have one sent out to me, free over night shipping. Lets hope this one will work.