Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had to kill some time in town today and stopped at Radioshack...SO glad I did. I saw the Pixi Touchstone Back Covers and that's pretty much it for the Pixi that I saw. The lady asked if I was looking for anything and I said no not really just lookin around and I had the Palm Pixi. She said the Pixi Touchstone Back Covers were clearance out and went to check the price...$3.97 each!!! They had two, I bought both. I asked if they had the Touchstone Dock itself and they were out but a store in Houston had them...clearanced out...$7.97...they are delivering two of those to my Radioshack store and I will be picking them up on Wednesday How awesome of a deal is that!!! Go check out your Radioshacks ladies and gentleman I wasn't even gonna buy anything, I was just killin time, lol.
    Could it be any freaking hotter here in Houston?

Thanks for the info by the way, I'll probably stop by the Radioshack across the street after lunch and see if they have anything....
  3.    #3  
    I live out here near Lake Livingston and it is freakin hotter than you know where!!!

The Radioshack Clearance on these things is one heck of deal that is for sure! I couldn't believe it myself.
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    so this is very true here in spokane washington I just went to radio shack picked up a palm pixi touch stone cover for 3 bucks a palm pre hard case 4 bucks and on thirsday I'm going back to get a original palm side holster 7 bucks and another pixi touchstone cover and a palm original car charger for 5 bucks and maybe just buy out the rest of there stock since there on clearance I'm stoked. Sucks they didn't have the charging pod but getting one with my pre so it's all good.
    I will definitely be doing this tomorrow! Thanks for the info
  6.    #6  
    precon22...You can have the person at the store look up the charging pod on the computer and they can ship it from one store to the other at no charge to you

ModernMacgyver...You are very welcome
    yea i just cleared out 2 radio shacks near me.. each had one touchstone and one car charger for 7 something each! lol
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Decent deal. Still not quite as good as the Verizon Wireless one online where you get a touchstone and a pretty good car charger (powers the touchstone just fine in my car) for $10 shipped (overnight?) for free. But if you just need one or the other, or need one ASAP, that's a good way to go.
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    I will look into that thanks
  10.    #10  
    ahitz...do you have a link to that? I've been looking on the verizon site but cant find what you are speaking of. Thank you
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    here's the link. You may have to set your location first but then it should take you there.

If that link doesn't work for you:
    • Go to Verizon Wireless accessories
    • Enter your location if asked to
    • "Shop by Phone"
    • Palm->Palm Pre Plus (not Pixi).
    • Select the Type "Chargers and Batteries" and "Go".
    • On the left, go to "More Ways To Refine" and click "Bundles"

You should see the $9.99 bundle for the vehicle charger and touchstone. These work fine for a Pixi as well.
    Last edited by ahitz; 08/17/2010 at 09:21 AM.
    Wow, great find and thanks for the heads-up. Wife and I order six (6) pairs with your link...great deal and looking forward to using Touchstone...though we still need to order backs for our Pre's. Sorli...
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    6 pairs! wow

FYI: That combo only includes the touchstone and not the cable or wall plug. Works fine with the car charger, but otherwise you'll need micro-usb wall chargers that fit the touchstone.

Palm wall plug and cable is $20 at Verizon Wireless, or cheaper on Amazon, or there's plenty of generic micro-usb chargers out there for even less (I assume Monoprice.com would have a good deal). You just have to make sure you have one that's decent enough to supply full power to the Touchstone and has a micro-usb plug that actually fits in the back of the Touchstone. :P
    Not many Radio Shack's near me so I just ordered the touchstone from the Verizon link
    Dang!! Soooo wish I lived in the States!! That's almost like getting them for free.
    Maybe someone could buy one for me and post it to me? Will send you the money
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I jumped on the Verizon sale.. I was wanting a TS and charger for my car. The free overnight shipping has to be more than the ten bucks they are charging.
  17.    #17  
    I wonder if the one that has the phone case in the bundle will fit the pixi. I may just get that one.

Never mind...I found a cute case here... http://www.onlypixi.com/sablzevewifl.html and am going to get it. I have the zebra hard case on my phone so I like how it will look
    Last edited by Bella Vapor; 08/18/2010 at 02:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    Thanks Bella and ahitz. I went ahead and ordered two touchstones bases from the Verizon link. I'll be heading to The Shack to see if the have any cases where I live. I already had a car charger from Amazon that cost around $2.00. Also, yes Monoprice does have micro USB chargers, I bought a gold plated one that I use at work for less than $2.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by libray View Post
    Thanks Bella and ahitz. I went ahead and ordered two touchstones bases from the Verizon link. I'll be heading to The Shack to see if the have any cases where I live. I already had a car charger from Amazon that cost around $2.00. Also, yes Monoprice does have micro USB chargers, I bought a gold plated one that I use at work for less than $2.00.
    One thing I wanted to note. I grabbed a Touchstone at Radio Shack today and plugged it into my car charger from Monoprice. It said it was charging but it continued to discharge instead. To make sure the Touchstone wasn't busted, I tried it on the official Palm wall charger and it worked. Sooo, I don't know how far you'll get with a Monoprice charger. I just grabbed an official Palm car charger off ebay for $15 shipped, so hopefully that'll do the trick.
    Thank you so much for the heads up. I've bee waiting for a stone for the pixi! Looks like ill be visiting my local houston rat shack tomorrow.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast