1.    #1  
    Today I went with my mom to the Verizon store to help her pick out a new phone. Shes only had the Pixi+ for a week and she hates it. Its her second touchscreen phone and she just cant handle it. So we picked her out an LG Cosmo which is going to be much better for her I think. The interesting thing was how the guy at the store was raving about the Pixi+. He saw mine so he knew we had two and he was asking how I liked it. I explained that I had a Pre first and blah blah blah. So then she tells him what she wants and all that and he went on to work with another customer who was in the process of buying his first smartphone. He was checking out Blackberry and the sales guy actually pointed him in the direction of the Pixi+. Showed him the Pre+ as well but the guy didnt like the slider. As we were getting ready to leave the other customer said how much he liked the Pixi+ and the OS and said that was what he was going to take. I was so proud! No mention of the droid. It was awesome. Made my mom giving up her Pixi+ a little less painful for me lol

Melissa
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Cool story
    yes very cool story too bad it didn't work out for your mom though. Don't think my mom could handle WebOS either.
    My mom is too attached to her Blackberry...bleh.

At least my brother has the sense to want a better phone when his contract is up.
    my mom can barely use her blackberry. I would have made her try a Pre or Pixi when she upgraded last time but I wasnot consulted. Same goes for my sister I think she would love WebOS but sadly they went and told me about it later.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I know a ton of people with smartphones that only use them for texting and the occasional call who would be much better off with the Pixi than a Devour (same processor, but one is actually usable).
    Me and my mom sniped out our Pixi+ the first day they released. LOL.
    My mom can't even use a regular "dumb" phone where you just make calls on it... I can't imagine her on a "smart" phone.
    I expected my mom to have trouble with webOS but webOS is simplistic enough that she didn't. She even uses Preware and patches, but when a new firmware rolls around I have to help her update so her phone doesn't get borked if she leaves some bad patches installed.
  10.    #10  
    Im shocked she cant use it to be honest. She has a Treo Pro for work and has no problems with that at all. Her main issue is the keyboard. She likes that the Cosmo has two keyboards. A regular 1234567890 type on the front and then slides open to a qwerty for texting. I actually like that myself. Right now Im just tired of hearing her phone troubles so Ill tell her I like whatever she gets as long as it keeps me out of it! lol
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    I think that the Pixi+ and the Pre+ are more intuitive than other smartphones out there and should be the phone of choice, non-business wise. There are still reasons for using the blackberry in businesses, especially those with IT departments.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Ughhh. The Cosmos just feels cheap. I know that Pre's have weird issues, but the Pixi is a tank compared to a Cosmos.