Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm a long time Pre user, I have a launch day Pre on Sprint. I have been going on and on about how great the OS is for over a year and my friends listened. My home-girl Stacey bought a Pixi Plus, fell in love and bought 2 more for her two teenage boys. Then she told our mutual friend Machelle , and she bought one, and loves it also. Machelle then convinced her boyfriend to get a Pixi Plus....

All 5 people love the phone, and like me can't seam to put it down. They are coming from a variety of blackberries , feature phones, and an iPhone.

Mission complete .. Palm nation unite
    Congrats on introducing them to the world of webOS.

Now to introduce them to the world where you don't get nickel and dimed to death by Verizon or AT&T.
    It's great your promoting WebOS, but...
    I really wouldn't do that. I just couldn't do it to someone. With such crappy and slow hardware... I can't promote that.
    I say good for you! I just switched from a Pre to a Pixi+ (believe it or not Im saving money by switching to Verizon from Sprint) and loving it. At the same time my husband went from a Blackberry to a Pixi+ and both my kids went from Samsung Seeks (crapppp) to Pixi+ as well.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    I really wouldn't do that. I just couldn't do it to someone. With such crappy and slow hardware... I can't promote that.
    Good, goodbye, go somewhere else, stop trolling here.
    Quote Originally Posted by haapala View Post
    I say good for you! I just switched from a Pre to a Pixi+ (believe it or not Im saving money by switching to Verizon from Sprint) and loving it. At the same time my husband went from a Blackberry to a Pixi+ and both my kids went from Samsung Seeks (crapppp) to Pixi+ as well.
    how the heck are you saving money moving from yellow to big red?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Probably told em that she was switching from Sprint to them. My mom has threatened to leave Sprint for Verizon and they spit out all kinds of perks.
    Rivalry much!
    Listen, I have the potential to utilize those white and black keys to captivate you. My fingers create the
    melodic aura and the harmonic flow, yet, that critical lyrical rhythm is metaphysical!
    I HAVE THE MUSIC IN ME!
    -Blutuu
    if you dont like the phone, so be it, but stop posting this over and over again in multiple threads.
    Not slow with over clocking! The Uber Kernel is running like a champ! I also really have to commend Palm for designing a device that is truly different from all others. The river stone form factor feels beautiful in the hand. Case in point, I was at Best Buy Mobile the other day. The sales rep was showing off the new Droid 2 and Droid X. The customers were so engaged until I busted in and told them to close their eyes. I put my Pre in their hand and had them hold a Droid. They could not believe the difference of the pure elegance and feel of the Pre.

I agree that the actual plastic and sliding mechanism is somewhat subpar. Put I have not had any problems with mine (launch day Pre) and for the size, price and feel, the Pre is very worthy of being in the same discussions as the newer devices. Not to mention 14 months old!
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Corp discount maybe? Not one of the Big 4 US carriers could come close to Sprint for me (even a G1 on T-Mobile was going to cost us more for less minutes).
    People, I'm not trolling. I'm just annoyed with my phone at the time. Sorry.
    There really needs to be a mimimum age limit here for posting. What can you expect, from children, other than childlike behavior. SmoothCriminal is 13 years old, should that age even be permitted to participate in a grown up information community?

Not trying to be mean, or harsh to the girl, just between the content of her posts, and the impetiousness of her age, maybe this is not the right forum for her to be posting.
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    There really needs to be a mimimum age limit here for posting. What can you expect, from children, other than childlike behavior. SmoothCriminal is 13 years old, should that age even be permitted to participate in a grown up information community?

Not trying to be mean, or harsh to the girl, just between the content of her posts, and the impetiousness of her age, maybe this is not the right forum for her to be posting.
    now you stop trollin!
    I keep hearing people talk about the Pixi being slow. I've never encountered such slowness.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01
    Not slow with over clocking!
    Whaaat? The Pixi has overclocking now? Thought that was a Pre-only thing.
    People, I'm not trolling. I'm just annoyed with my phone at the time. Sorry.
    You. Here. Now.

Good riddance.
    Maybe I should leave.
    I, like everyone else here, wants to use my Pre to it's full potential. When I joined I didn't see anything restricting me. It really saddens me that people can't except the fact I atleast have some idea of I'm doing here.

Btw, the Pixi only overclocks to 600MHz, I believe.
    Verizon is cheaper if you include the fact that you get free HotSpot and on Sprint you would have to have an aircard to do that (if you dont hack).
    I wasn't aware the Pixi Plus had hardware issues.
    From what I've read the Pixi is known to develop a blown speaker.
    Btw, the Pixi only overclocks to 600MHz, I believe.
    That's the stock speed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast