Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanS View Post
    I don't know how you can possibly think that. I'm sure we could use equally dubious statistics to prove the Pre is more popular than the iPhone.

It's interesting how almost every Pre 2.0 thread is basically hoping for a larger screen Pixi.
    How I could possibly think that???? I am gonna break it down for you in the easiest way possible... The Pre launched long before the Pixi, even if it released on other carriers at the same time the Pre had the Pre had 5 months of solo market time before the Pixi.... also the original Pre's were in a less competitive market than what the Pixi launched into.

One last time, I am not saying anything bad about the phone (even though you continue to try and turn it into that). There is NO way the Pixi has overtaken the Pre in market share.

Ohhh and to comment to your clearly superior knowledge as you note about "almost every Pre 2.0 thread" asking for a Pixi form factor..... I would say there are at least as many people wanting a slab, a portrait slider, or a landscape slider. Once again maybe if you stay in the Pixi forums you see more people wanting the next device in a Pixi form factor. I have seen the folks posting their dream devices in every variation of current popular market form factor (even some Palm hasn't done before).

Also trying to compare what people want from the next device to what people currently own is an incorrect comparison. Because someone wants a device in a certain form factor in the future (with much higher specs) does not mean they have or want the current device in that form factor.
    Yes, and my post clearly said recently. I even put it in italics.

I've read 20+ Pre 2.0 threads. Literally 75% of people are asking for Pixi form factor with bigger screen and better hardware. You are deluding yourself.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I don't know how you can possibly think that. I'm sure we could use equally dubious statistics to prove the Pre is more popular than the iPhone.

It's interesting how almost every Pre 2.0 thread is basically hoping for a larger screen Pixi.
    The people who want that should just upgrade to a Pre. The Pixi is fine just as it is. Just sayin'

Also, this squabble between the Pixi being more popular than the Pre is meaningless. It really is arguing amongst siblings. Fact: They're both doing relatively bad.
    I was personally very excited when I first heard of the pre and webos. I was not elligible for an upgrade when the Pre launched so I checked it out at my local Sprint store shortly after launch and thought it was super cool except for one thing, the slider. I was horrified at the fact I would have to slide the phone almost every time I took it off my belt. I was deeply saddened. I have used a treo for the better part of 5 years and it has made my life much easier with the threaded messaging and the form factor. Seeing the Pixi was coming I was very happy got one this past summer. Even with the Pixi's short comings I couldn't be happier and would recommend either device but if only the Pre had come out I would still be using my Treo.

On a side note my wife is hard of hearing so I text her throughout most of the day which is why I can not see a phone in the Pre form factor as usable for me.
    Yes, and my post clearly said recently. I even put it in italics.

I've read 20+ Pre 2.0 threads. Literally 75% of people are asking for Pixi form factor with bigger screen and better hardware. You are deluding yourself.
    LOL okay..... lets just let you be "right" and keep the thread on topic, if your truths were fact, you would see the development community focusing on pixi first and pre last (that is not the case).... I will quietly go back to the other forums where I can help people and not get into argument like you clearly like to do on these forums (hence you having 100+ off topic posts in these forums and less than 30 device relevant posts on these forums). I am not here to argue but to learn, develop and help. Enjoy your Pixi.

Once again, everything you have said is right and is fact that no one can dispute. Congrats....
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    It's great your promoting WebOS, but...
    I really wouldn't do that. I just couldn't do it to someone. With such crappy and slow hardware... I can't promote that.
    is your phone overclocked?

Quote Originally Posted by dianehelen View Post
    There really needs to be a mimimum age limit here for posting. What can you expect, from children, other than childlike behavior. SmoothCriminal is 13 years old, should that age even be permitted to participate in a grown up information community?
    to be honest, i think its fine that she participates on this forum, as long as it contributes to the topic being asked. it does bother me though when someone posts over and over how bad something is without giving examples or evidence, but i dont think it should be an "age" limit.

i'm 19, when i was that age i was all over these type of forums and it led me to a life of technology and now i'm going to school for Computer Science.

I would say something here but every time I criticize the Pixi people get upset, so I shall not speak of the disadvantages of the Pixi.
    no, i'm not a Pixi person, and i dont mean to be mean, but i think you are being unfair to the Pixi. All i wanted in the first place was what you felt would give someone "endless issues" with the Pixi. when you post, try to give some reasons instead of just saying you dont like something because its "bad".

Also, we all know the hardware isnt "current" in webOS phones, so you may as well not bother saying that one.

I'm sorry, i'm gonna have to side with the other guy, i have never heard this and i browse these forums often. Not to mention the "future palm phone" section. All i hear is people like the river rock style of the pre and want that form factor to generally stay the same in the upcoming device from palm. Granted much better specs all around.

Never heard anything about a better Pixi?

http://tiny.cc/pt4x9
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 08/18/2010 at 12:57 AM.
    Just "sold" a Pixi yesterday. 12 year old girl was in wither her Mom looking for a new phone for here that was "cool" and good to text with. She said most of the phones were "very ugly", liked the Bold 9xxx keyboard bout wanted a touchscree phone. I told here to check out the Pixi.

She thought it was "cute" but asked "what can it do?" I whipped out my Pre and showed her WebOS, texting, chat, and Jump O Clock. She picked up thw demo Pixi and said the "keyboard is easy". Yadda-yadda-yadda she was at the couter getting setup.

Where's my cut Sprint?? LOL.
    lol, nice dude.
    That's great that you're promoting the phone!

It's great your promoting WebOS, but...
    I really wouldn't do that. I just couldn't do it to someone. With such crappy and slow hardware... I can't promote that.
    I would say something here but every time I criticize the Pixi people get upset, so I shall not speak of the disadvantages of the Pixi.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to sound mean or anything. However, I just don't understand why you participate in this forum if you dislike your phone so much. Also, in another thread I noticed you said you were 13, yet you used the word "crap"? I'm 14 and I find the words "stupid" and "dumb" to be poor words, so I just don't understand why a teenager would use an even worse word showing such poor vocabulary. Perhaps instead you could have just used slow, or say you personally disliked the hardware compare to other phones.

To your second post: I don't understand why you even criticize the Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus when you don't own one. Even though you may have researched the differences between the Pre and Pixi, you can't really review the Pixi's performance without actually owning or at least using the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by disney.jessica View Post
    That's great that you're promoting the phone!

Please don't take this the wrong way, I don't want to sound mean or anything. However, I just don't understand why you participate in this forum if you dislike your phone so much. Also, in another thread I noticed you said you were 13, yet you used the word "crap"? I'm 14 and I find the words "stupid" and "dumb" to be poor words, so I just don't understand why a teenager would use an even worse word showing such poor vocabulary. Perhaps instead you could have just used slow, or say you personally disliked the hardware compare to other phones.

To your second post: I don't understand why you even criticize the Palm Pixi and Pixi Plus when you don't own one. Even though you may have researched the differences between the Pre and Pixi, you can't really review the Pixi's performance without actually owning or at least using the phone.
    Ok,
    first of all I personally think most of the stuff you said didn't really make sense. Second of all, if you are going to judge a person you don't even know, you could at least respect the thread and send me a private message.

*Groan*
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    My informal test:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ame-specs.html

So even among the Pre only Forums, people prefer the Pixi form factor. This is ignoring the fact that there are likely many more Pixi owners out in the normal marketplace.
    My informal test:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ame-specs.html

So even among the Pre only Forums, people prefer the Pixi form factor. This is ignoring the fact that there are likely many more Pixi owners out in the normal marketplace.

Once again, never said the form factor was bad..... and since you are determined to beat this dead horse, I would love to see how many people would agree with a candy bar phone with physical keyboard and a screen the size of (or as many have wanted bigger) than the Pre when they actually saw it.

I mean I know you know everything, but I have seen a multitude of people on these forums complain about the size of the EVO. A candybar hardware keyboard phone with a screen size that people want would end up being bigger than the EVO and take people down the same road of the phone being too bid (this is why the phones selling right now with physical keyboards are ALL sliders, or small screen RIM). In the end, if you knew what you know so much better than everyone else, even in the thread you posted some folks said they wanted a candybar style but really want a slate (no keyboard).

I will still let you live the dream dude, but the majority of WebOS devices actually sold are a slider.... sorry.

Ohhh yeah and once again, you are right, you know more than everyone, you are a marketing genius..... etc.
    Btw, I overclock to 1ghz, I like it a lot. But not every Pre owner wants to get into that kinda stuff, so that could be an issue for some.

For example, my brother is schizophrenic. He's able to function pretty well, but I don't think he could handle it. He wouldn't be able to understand watching your CPU temp. He'd most likely consider it normal, and dismiss. Tons of other things he wouldn't be able to get. His brain just doesn't function like most.

Now, I'm not saying everyone is like him, but some aren't into overclocking and what not.

For those who are willing to research and get into it, it's great. But for someone like my brother, or just someone who doesn't like over clocking, this phone is not ideal.

It all depends on your preferences.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Once again, never said the form factor was bad..... and since you are determined to beat this dead horse, I would love to see how many people would agree with a candy bar phone with physical keyboard and a screen the size of (or as many have wanted bigger) than the Pre when they actually saw it.

I mean I know you know everything, but I have seen a multitude of people on these forums complain about the size of the EVO. A candybar hardware keyboard phone with a screen size that people want would end up being bigger than the EVO and take people down the same road of the phone being too bid (this is why the phones selling right now with physical keyboards are ALL sliders, or small screen RIM). In the end, if you knew what you know so much better than everyone else, even in the thread you posted some folks said they wanted a candybar style but really want a slate (no keyboard).

I will still let you live the dream dude, but the majority of WebOS devices actually sold are a slider.... sorry.

Ohhh yeah and once again, you are right, you know more than everyone, you are a marketing genius..... etc.
    This is a really snide, rude, unconvincing, and ultimately worthless post.

The problem with sliders is thickness, not screen area.

There are FAR more Blackberries than Pre's.
    This is a really snide, rude, unconvincing, and ultimately worthless post.

The problem with sliders is thickness, not screen area.

There are FAR more Blackberries than Pre's.
    Nathan, you don't respond well to other people's opinions differing from yours.

Also, you can't start a discussion in a webOS context, and then introduce external arguments whenever they suit your purpose. Well, you can, but it's silly.
    (btw; I won't be around to explain this)
    i converted 2 of my family relatives to pixis... and they love the phone...

third one is on the way. My sis switched from ATT to sprint because of the cheap plan... and she is very satisfied with her coverage and pixi ;D
    awesome en0x!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123