Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    My Sprint Pixi (so not a +) has suddenly stopped ringing when people call me. If I happen to have the phone out where I can see it, the answer-the-phone pop-up appears, and I can take the call. If not, it silently waits until the call is officially "missed", then plays the you-missed-a-call sound.

    Anybody ever hear of this happening, or have any suggestions about what to do? Calling Sprint isn't high on my I-expect-a-satisfactory-result list ;-)
    Last edited by RossPatterson; 08/13/2010 at 08:39 PM. Reason: sumdai eye'll lurn hou two speel
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by RossPatterson View Post
    My Spring Pixi (so not a +) has suddenly stopped ringing when people call me. If I happen to have the phone out where I can see it, the answer-the-phone pop-up appears, and I can take the call. If not, it silently waits until the call is officially "missed", then plays the you-missed-a-call sound.

    Anybody ever hear of this happening, or have any suggestions about what to do? Calling Sprint isn't high on my I-expect-a-satisfactory-result list ;-)
    Most definitely need to run a webos utility repair. One or more file(s) are either corrupt, missing, or modified.

    Best of luck.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Most definitely need to run a webos utility repair. One or more file(s) are either corrupt, missing, or modified.
    That's what I'm afraid of. :-( And for the life of me, I can't determine whether this started happening before or after I accepted the update to 1.4.5.
  4. #4  
    Is the ringer mute switch accidentally turned to the mute position? Have you recently installed any patches muting phone alerts during calls?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by RossPatterson View Post
    That's what I'm afraid of. :-( And for the life of me, I can't determine whether this started happening before or after I accepted the update to 1.4.5.
    Don't be afraid... webos utility will only make your phone more responsive, and performed a lot better. It won't erase anything on your phone. The purpose of webos utility repair is to make sure all files is not modified or missing. Actually, webos repair, and webos utility are two excellent tools we have for our phones.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by rush View Post
    Don't be afraid... webos utility will only make your phone more responsive, and performed a lot better.
    Thanks. After realizing that "webos utility repair" was a proper noun, I searched the forum and found it - cool tool, I like anything that does MD5 checksum verification. I'm downloading the 1.4.5 Webos Doctor right now so Webos Utility Repair will have the files it needs, and then I'm going to see what it has to say.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Is the ringer mute switch accidentally turned to the mute position? Have you recently installed any patches muting phone alerts during calls?
    Nope, although that can and does occasionally happen. Some careful testing this morning ruled that out. And nope, no patches at all, although I did just let Sprint feed me webos 1.4.5 yesterday. Also, this is not the ringer-volume-goes-to-zero problem - the ringer volume always stays right where I set it on the first day I got the phone, at full volume.
  8. #8  
    That's cool. Best of luck!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by RossPatterson View Post
    I'm downloading the 1.4.5 Webos Doctor right now so Webos Utility Repair will have the files it needs, and then I'm going to see what it has to say.
    Well, I feel better about the state of my webOS, but I don't think it helped.
    Code:
    File missing: /etc/ssl/certs/appsigning-bundle.crt
    --user ignored file.
    File missing: /etc/ssl/certs/pubsubsigning-bundle.crt
    --user ignored file.
    Modified file found: /etc/version
    --user ignored file.
    I strongly doubt that two SSL certificate bundles or the build timestamp have anything to do with my phone not playing ringtones.
  10. boilercork's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    #10  
    anybody have a fix for this? My girlfriend's Sprint pixi is doing the exact same thing (does not ring or vibrate on incoming calls but does give the audible missed call notification and she still gets email notifications). The sounds & ringtones are turned on and the volume rocker on the side is turned all the way up. She recently did the OTA update to OS 1.4.5; not sure if that's the culprit or not. I tried to run the webOS doctor utility but I couldn't get it to run (and wasn't sure if it would help anyway).
  11. Raymondd's Avatar
    Posts
    48 Posts
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    #11  
    this has happened to my palm pixi plus (verizon) and i have 1.4.1
  12.    #12  
    It turns out my problem is worse than I thought. The Phone app won't play any ringtones and the Music app won't play any songs, even though other sounds come through just fine. So I think something's at least moderately screwed up.

    I've finally got time (and a landline phone!) to call Sprint, so I'm going to see what they can do for me today.
    Last edited by RossPatterson; 08/16/2010 at 07:30 AM. Reason: speelink
  13. funsnail's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #13  
    it could be the headset plug issue. You may need to plug in a headset and remove it to get the sound directed back to the speaker.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by funsnail View Post
    it could be the headset plug issue. You may need to plug in a headset and remove it to get the sound directed back to the speaker.
    Yup, I've tried that, no joy. Oddly, other sounds, like the missed-call sound, play through the speaker just fine. And I can put the phone in speaker-phone mode or in hold-to-your-ear mode and talk and hear just fine.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by RossPatterson View Post
    I've finally got time (and a landline phone!) to call Sprint, so I'm going to see what they can do for me today.
    Well, that was as useless as I expected it to be. They did some real basic diagnosis and walked me through a soft reset (via ##3282# -> Menu -> Restore), which didn't help. Then they wanted to do a hard reset, and I balked. I'm an IT guy from way back, and I don't trust any backup process I don't understand completely, so the whole your-Palm-profile-has-most-stuff-but-not-everything-and-we-won't-let-you-see-its-contents sets my skin crawling. I guess it's time for a Pre Backup Utility run, and to double-check its results before calling Sprint back and letting them try the hard reset.

    I sure hope this isn't how the rest of the Pixi experience goes - I've only had this phone for a couple of months, and I'm less impressed than I expected from previous Palm toys.
  16. #16  
    Hold the speakers up to your ear...do you hear a hissing sound?

    This has happened to me numerous times. I usually go through multiple Luna and full restarts to get it to make sounds again.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    Hold the speakers up to your ear...do you hear a hissing sound?
    Nope. I'm afraid the hard-reset is in my future. :-(
  18. #18  
    you need to run the webOS doctor since this is a reported case/bug for sprint pixi phones after the 1.4.5 update

    for non sprint users, you can try running the webOS doctor but i doubt it will help you since you might be having a different case screnario and it would usually be a hardware problem
  19.    #19  
    webOS Doctor didn't fix it. Hard reset didn't fix it. Sprint is supposed to have a brand new Pixi for me tomorrow afternoon. You can bet your bippy I'm going to see it updated to 1.4.5 and working before I leave the store!
  20. cat012369's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #20  
    Mine was doing the same thing. Had to get it replaced.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions