1.    #1  
    My daughter still has a year to go on her previous Verizon contract, but wanted to get the Pixi +. Thus, I was wondering what would the cheapest way be for her to get the Palm Pixi + on Verizon. Also, would she then be required to have a data plan and if so what is the minimum data plan that she would have to take?
    Not sure 100% if everyone can upgrade after one year. I know I can, but I have been with Verizon for over 10 years. Minimum data is $29.95 per month at this point.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the response. In case she is allowed to upgrade, what would the charges be? Also. is the data plan mandatory?
    The data plan is required and the lowest one is $29.95/month. Not sure if she can upgrade but if she cant you could find one on Ebay. I was looking before and there were tons on there fairly cheap. Around $125 I think.
    the Primary line on a family plan is allowed an upgrade once a year (must renew contract for an additional year at time of upgrade)

Also by doing this you are not eligible for the New Every Two Discount, and the timer on New Every Two resets it self. You are still able to upgrade at the contract renewal prices, just not the additional NE2 bonus.

As another person has mentioned, if you find one on ebay, you can always activate on the line, just be prepared for the data plan.
  6.    #6  
    If I get the phone from Ebay, why does Verizon still have the right to force a data plan? I can understand them imposing conditions when they subsidize a phone, but otherwise it is just blatant violation of consumer rights. Seems like someone in the US government is not doing their job.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 08/12/2010 at 08:40 AM.
    you could always get it off ebay, have data for say a month, get the bill, call verizon furious about the charges and tell them you want the data plan off or ur leaving. Most cell phone companies respond well to threats of that nature (saying this from experience)
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    here you go:Full Site
    Fixed
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Fixed
    Thanks but the phone is already sold.
    Without the data plan what options will the phone lose? I was under the impression that it has to at all times have a data plan of some kind attached to it.
    Melissa
    Cingular Razr > TMobile Blackberry Curve 8300 > Sprint Palm Centro > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8320 > Sprint Blackberry Curve 8530 > Sprint Palm Pre > Verizon Pixi +
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Yes it is. Radio board is sitting nicely in my Sprint Pixi
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by netzer119 View Post
    you could always get it off ebay, have data for say a month, get the bill, call verizon furious about the charges and tell them you want the data plan off or ur leaving. Most cell phone companies respond well to threats of that nature (saying this from experience)
    How do you threaten them of "leaving", when they know they have you locked into a contract for another year?