1.    #1  
    What do you guys think about this debate? I read around on the forums how the pixi is quicker (i can't wrap my head around that one...) but the pre has 3d gaming and such. So whats the truth? Is the pixi ahead of the pre now? I wish they would fix the preware preview stuff so that it fits on the pixi! and some of the games & themes. Other than that, i like the pixi, but i kind of feel myself wanting the pre, for the extra power. I kind of feel like i'm lacking with the pixi, kind of like buying the economy device to save money but get some of the expierience of the better one.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    I feel the same way. The Pixi+ is like a Toyota Corolla and the Pre+ could be compared to a Lexus!
    Coming from a Pre over to a Pixi+ just a week ago I dont feel like Im lacking at all. I do miss 3D gaming but hopefully the Pixi+ will get that sooner or later. My battery life seems to be better on the Pixi+ and it feels like a more stable phone when I hold it in my hand. Its easier to use without the slider and I dont feel like I have to be so gentle with it like the Pre made me feel. I dont use themes so I dont miss those and I havent had the need to install Uberkernal or Govnah on yet as I havent seen a single TMC error. That being said I dont feel either is ahead of the other. WebOS is wonderful and for me thats what makes the phone what it is. I loved my Pre and I love my Pixi+ equally. Kinda like not picking one child over the other as a favorite lmao!

Melissa
    Pixi has 3D gaming now as of 1.4.5 on sprint, verizon hasn't released it yet though.
  5. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    My opinion from one weeks use:

screen - Pre
    keyboard - Pixi
    look - Pre
    feel - Pixi
    speed - Pre
    os customizing - Pre

Please keep in mind that I have only owned the pre plus for a week, and have only used my wife's pixi plus a few times. I like the keyboard on my pre, but when I pick up the wife's pixi and fiddle around with it, I am amazed at how nice the keyboard is.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    My opinion from one weeks use:

screen - Pre
    keyboard - Pixi
    look - Pre
    feel - Pixi
    speed - Pre
    os customizing - Pre

Please keep in mind that I have only owned the pre plus for a week, and have only used my wife's pixi plus a few times. I like the keyboard on my pre, but when I pick up the wife's pixi and fiddle around with it, I am amazed at how nice the keyboard is.
    What kind of OS customizing are we talking about? Preware?
    I have a Pixi on sprint, have had it since March, and I love it. The non slider was the decision for me - though I do wish sprint had pixi pluses in there stocks, would love WiFi. As for speed, some things on it were a bit slower than I liked, but months ago I installed, via preware of course, uberkernel + govnah. No overclocking on the Pixi, but it deals with memory swap issues and has delightfully increased the use of the Pixi. As for OS customization, except for not overclocking, I've patched and customized the hell out my phone and its been lots of fun. I've even managed to find all the file images through internalz for the built in apps so I could change their colors in the launch page and on their splash screens so they match my theme, lol. I also use this phone A LOT for my business, and it hasn't let me down!

All in all a great phone! To be fair, I haven't played with a Pre to know if its any faster or smooth. Though form what I've read, people have still used overclocking and patches to make it better. Good luck!
  8.    #8  
    It would be nice if they crammed the pre's hardware (or better) in the pixi :-)
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Dual Core Snapdragon processor. 1GB NVRAM and hi resolution display would be nice
  10. kbo
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    What kind of OS customizing are we talking about? Preware?
    Actually, I should have put overclocking, sorry.
    I just moved to a Sprint Pixi from a Sprint Pre because my Pre touch screen cracked. I was weary of buying a used Pre and got a good deal on a Pixi. I do miss the 3d games from the Pre for my commute and haven't added them to my Pixi as of 1.4.5 because the App Catalog is asking me to pay for them again. I also miss Wifi a lot.

Otherwise, find that I like the Pixi better. The screen is smaller, but I feel that I have gotten used to it and don't notice it anymore. I am not a heavy patcher but I haven't found any patches that I used that worked with the Pre and not the Pixi. They Pixi also feels faster and has much better battery life than my Pre, to me which makes me think that my Pre was never working exactly right. It has a July 09 build date.

I write a lot of emails from my phone for work, and for me, the Pixi keyboard is drastically better. It also balances better for walking and typing with one hand.

Finally, it just feels like a more solid phone. I still might make Sprint FrankenPre Plus for fun if I can get a good deal on a Bad ESN Verizon Pre Plus, but I think I am going to stick with the Pixi.
    Now since the new update, the only two negatives are WIFI and screen size.

I personally do not use WIFI, so that is a no biggy. I think I used it once with my PRE. This could be a big issue with some, but not for me.

The screen is a bit smaller and a few of our more stubborn app creators refuse to make apps for both. I am personally fine with the smaller screen, although will go bigger on my next phone.

I see very little difference in processor speed, and the keyboard is actually easier to use. The PIXI is thinner and actually fits into pockets better.

The PIXI seems studier, no slider "OREO" effect to worry about.

if you are worried about performance, don"t. In almost all respects the PIXI is just as fast, perhaps a micro second behind is all. Watch these videos for a real feel for side by side comparison:
    Last edited by davecttt; 08/12/2010 at 01:00 PM.
    Loving my Pixi. Yes I am a guy and own a Pixi, get over it.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    If you want a better screen go with the Pre (the Pixi's screen is both smaller and displays fewer colors). At this point that and Wi-Fi are its only advantages over the Pixi. Check the 3G signal in the places you'll use your phone the most; if the signal is strong, then you won't miss Wi-Fi too much. The Pixi is more solidly built and MUCH thinner than the Pre, so if build quality is important to you, then the Pixi is the way to go. At this point I'm beginning to doubt whether getting a Pre + over a Pixi + was a good idea.