Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    hey guys so im new to the whole webos thing i just got a palm pixi yesterday until i can get my pre next week from ebay. So i have been trying to install preware on the pixi i have downloaded java, webos doctor, webosquick install, and the novac.... driver. etc i have set the phone up in developer mode. but my problems is when i go to webosquick install it doesnt recognize my phone i have installed the driver many times and nothing works, and when i re plug my phone in windows xp tells me that the usb device that was installed cannot be recognized what am i doing wrong its driving me nuts!!!!! and it doesnt give me the option to put it in usb mode or charge only, is this because it updated to 1.4.5 or am i just not doing it right
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    try a NovaCom reinstallation and then restart your computer
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Troubleshooting Guide

I'm getting "ERROR: No device found."
    Common error. Two main reasons this could occur:
    1. Mis-matched your choice of device. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. If your target is the WebOS emulator on your computer, choose "Emulator"; if your target is a real device, like a Palm Pre, choose "USB Device".
    2. Your device and/or computer are not configured correctly. WebOS Quick Install depends on both your device being ready for the connection as well as your computer being ready for the connection.
      • Novacom needs to be installed on your computer. In WebOS Quick Install, click menu File->Options. Click the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
        • Alternatively, Windows users can manually install Novacom via this method.
        • Linux users can download Novacom here. Read this guide if your Linux distribution doesn't use Debian files.
        • A computer restart is highly recommended.
        • Windows users can verify Novacom is running by going StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and looking for a "Palm Novacom" entry and making sure it's started.
      • Bad USB Connection
        • It's recommended to plug in your device into a main USB port that outputs power
        • Some people have reported devices, like Canon printers, interfering with a Novacom-based connection
        • It's highly recommended to use an OEM USB cable, as some eBay ones have been reported to prevent a Novacom-based connection
      • WebOS device needs to have DevMode.
        • This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature. Don't worry, the reset won't wipe any data.
        • Some circumstances can cause the the toggle to show as enabled even when its disabled. To solve this problem, disable it then re-enable it.
        • Some people report OTA updates reset DevMode. Keep that in mind when updating.
      • Novacom Connection Issue
        • Rare, but not unheard of. Restarting the service (or your computer) will fix this
        • On Windows, go StartMenu->Run...->"services.msc" and look for a "Palm Novacom" entry. Right click it and choose "Restart"
      • Wrong Java Installation
        • Some people have reported that installing 32bit Java on 64bit computer, and vice versa, can cause issues when running WebOS Quick Install
      • When you plugin your device, choose "Just Charge"

And if you really want to get help: Don't use "HELP" as the title of the thread. Put something with more info in it.
    maybe your phone was in USB drive mode. when installing preware, the phone should be connected to the computer via usb, but in "just charge" mode.
    The other issue may be a damaged USB cord. I had the same problem with my phone but when I switched the cable (my wife and daughter both have way newer Pre's than mine, which is from launch day and has a few bunny chew marks on the cord, lol) it worked just fine. Not sayin' that's what it is...just sayin'.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    ok so here is my dillema so when the phone is in devmode I plug it in and like a flash I get the just charge and usb mode shows up and disappears and I get and error saying usb device is not recognized then I take it out of fev mode and everything works great.
    Global Posts
    428 Global Posts
    and another thing when I reinstall nova driver the black cmd screen shows up and says service rejected or something like that
    <<Thread Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic