1.    #1  
    Anyone else tried the Warthog kernel? I saw it was updated recently so I'm trying it out. Seems to run a little hot, I'm listening to a podcast and my Pixi is sitting on the Touchstone and I'm running in the low 40s, otherwise seems to run very fast.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    what's your settings?
    Sorry if this makes me sound stupid, but uh, Pixi's overclock? I do know they have a Uberkernal that doesn't do much. But besides that I didn't think anyone had came out with anything to overclock for Pixi's.
    I own a Verizon Palm Pre 2 running WebOS 2.0.1

Here to help and learn
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    what's your settings?
    Governor Ondemand

Min Freq 122.88
    Max Freq 600
    Sampling Rate 0.1
    Up Threshold 50%
    Ignore NIce Load False
    Powersave Bias 0

Compcache 24 MB

Almost the same as my UK settings, I reinstalled the Warthog earlier and seems a bit better now, runs 37 or 38 now.
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pixi -> Pre -> Pixi -> Sprint Pixi Plus Hybrid -> Pre -> Epic 4G
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothCriminal View Post
    Sorry if this makes me sound stupid, but uh, Pixi's overclock? I do know they have a Uberkernal that doesn't do much. But besides that I didn't think anyone had came out with anything to overclock for Pixi's.
    No overclocking but still have UK and Warthog.
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    where do I find the Warthog kernel?

I like UK kernel but I wanna try the warthog
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by errbin View Post
    where do I find the Warthog kernel?

I like UK kernel but I wanna try the warthog
    Its in the testing kernel feed

http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/1.4.5/
    Global Posts
    451 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chad4359 View Post

thank you
    i tryed this one a coupe weeks back and it wouldnt seem to do anything, installing again right now..hoping for a lil more than uk...will report back..later
    seems to be just what i needed
    warthog is the testing kernel from which the awesome developers come up with updates for uberkernel, therefore it should and will be constantly updated but not always for the better. i would stick with uk as whatever improvements are noticed in warthog will appear in updates to uk
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    my Pixi++ was hard to star and sometime suddenly shutdown
    ancient thread!
    Last edited by pezman726; 10/21/2010 at 03:04 AM.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    WH kernel is 750mhz other performance enhancing things, while UB is only 600 and the only reason why your pixis running hot is because it's charging on the touchstone. Duhh
    so is this better than the UK?
    Right now it is better than UK -- the newest Warthog kernel can overclock to ~768mHz!
    so if i have uk already do i just uninstall it and then download warthog?
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Unless you are a serious tinker or linux hacker type, do not use warthog. I have had it make my pre unbootable a couple of times (requiring the volume up trick to get the doctor to see it. or else use other recovery methods). It is, by design, not a stable kernel designed for the general user. Any given update may be unbootable, may melt your phone, or at the very least do an rm -rf /media/internal (if you don't understand that, definitely do not run this kernel). So much has been stated by rod in the past