Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Help. I just purchased the pixi and it's been pretty nice. I'm coming over from a 8330. The problem is that a significant share of people that I interact with have a BB and BB messenger. Also, I'm not sure about the battery life on this device. It's a good phone, the sound is good, it's fun, but I'm having some thoughts that maybe the 8530 should be considered as well. Anyone went through this.
    8530 on boost mobile with everything plan is $60 boost = sprint.

BUT there is a whole new set of phones that are going to be announced soon.. Hopefully you got a good deal on the pixi. I would wait another month or 2 with RIM and Palm going to release new phones for the holiday seasons coming up.
    Pixi runs on WebOS a superior OS.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Battery life will be better on the BB, but webOS's messaging should make the transition painless (assuming that some sort of AIM or google client exists on BB).
    pixi on sprint with wifi YA baby :P
    Sprint Palm Pre/Verizon Pre Plus On Sprint/Sprint Pixi Hybrid with WIFI
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    My girl has the Sprint BB 8530. Her battery seems to last just about a day, so she has to charge every night. She uses mainly BBM, text, and some light e-mail checking, and very rarely uses the internet(facebook app once in a while). She does use the BBM extensively throughout the day though so that might not be helping with battery. Games are definitely a joke on the BB platform. I have no experience with the Pixi, but aside from BBM and louder speaker volumes, I don't see much to the Blackberry system at all...
    Palm Pre on Sprint. WebOS 1.4.5
    If I helped you, a thanks would be much appreciated (Thanks button located on right side)
    Go with the Pixi. I was just debating on BB vs. Palm, and after realizing that in the past I have had nothing but problems with BB and absolutely no problems with Palm (after owning a few Treos and Centro) I quickly went with the Pixi Plus, and life has been good ever since