Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My pixi randomly shut off for the first time today in my pocket. something to be concerned about? has it happened to you? Any ideas on what caused it? It was in a loose pocket on my shorts.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Did it shut off or just restart?
  3.    #3  
    It shut off. Like, it was sitting on the cargo pocket in my shorts and i had just checked it 5 mins before, and it was off. Not restarted, just totally off.
    You're 100% sure the battery didn't just die right?
  5.    #5  
    Positive. It's 70%+.
    The problem seem like...the battery isn't tight enough in the device. Try getting the battery connector tight to the pre's.
  7.    #7  
    The battery is extremely snug. That's the first thing i tried. It isnt' the slightest bit loose.
    I don't know if the pixi's are able to run a Webos Utility Repair, but if it does give it a try. You might find out that some file as been modified or missing.

Best of luck.
  9.    #9  
    i just doctored, deleted backup and secure full erased. the phone is clean & i have the same patches i always have. the phones 3 months old and has never been dropped and is kept in good condition.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzukiGS750EZ View Post
    i just doctored, deleted backup and secure full erased. the phone is clean & i have the same patches i always have. the phones 3 months old and has never been dropped and is kept in good condition.
    I believe it was just a one time thing. You seem to be keeping your phone intact.
    Don't worry about it too much. If it does happen happen again, you know where to come.

Be safe!
  11.    #11  
    thanks. Yeah it's the first time hopefully it doent happen again. A few days ago I redid my phone by doctoring, secure full erase and then deleting backup. Well, actually opposite that. Neways that was 3 days ago. Went for a half hour walk today and when you came in the house it was still on, then turned off while loose in a pocket. I've had issues with phones turning off or restarting, hope this isn't a sign... My girlfriends pixi is messed up.
  12.    #12  
    so you guys don't think it's anything to worry about? Would it be if it restarted? What auses a shutdown and not a restart? Is that strictly battery? Most phones I've had with shut off issues have always restarted, but I had a phone turn off that was a battery problem, and I put a piece if paper beteen it and the cover. Shed some light do I can stop worrying! This phones treated me the best of any phone I've had.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    i have had it also a few times with my pixi+ ex germany, it seems to have stopped lately though, do not ask me why. then again i have had many pda phones and they all seem to have this habit....
  14.    #14  
    Weird, i hope it doesn't do it again. I don't want a refurb from verizon, i never have good luck with them.
    This happened to me a few times as well. The first time I noticed it I was trying to get YouTube to work, and it was getting really hot and not working. It shut itself off three times in fifteen minutes. It hasn't done that specifically again, but every once in a while, generally once a month or less, it shuts itself off in my pocket. I'm not going to say I haven't dropped it once or twice, but there seems to be no correlation to that and the shut-off. My dad thought it would be a good idea to take it to Verizon, but I'd rather it inconveniently turn itself off every once in a while than get a refurb. I don't know how Palm refurbs would turn out, but all the Verizon refurbs I've come into contact with have been worse than the original phone.
    Samsung SCH-a870 -> LG EnV 2 -> Palm Pixi Plus -> Refurb Palm Pixi Plus
    I've experienced the same random shut down issue you have. I got the phone in April, then downloaded the most recent WebOS (1.4.1.1 - Verizon). Within a couple of weeks, my phone started rebooting itself at random times. I removed all the apps I'd downloaded & installed, made sure everything else was up to date, and it continued to do the same thing. Then, as randomly as it had started rebooting, it just went away. Then, in July, it started just shutting itself off. For the first couple of weeks in July, it happened about 2x a week. Then, towards the end of the month it would happen as much as 2-3x a day. That lasted for about a week until I stopped by the store that I purchased it from. Oddly enough, the tech did nothing but the reboot/shutdown issue went away completely for another week. Then, once again, it came back. I'd had enough last week when my phone shut itself off 5 times on my ride home from work. Granted, I have a long commute, but still.

I just received my replacement and am prepping my old phone for return as I type this. I will say that the Verizon Wireless' customer service rep that I spoke with was very friendly, very courteous, and didn't make me jump thru any hoops to get a replacement on it's way. I am hoping that the new phone doesn't behave like my original did.

Good luck with yours.
  17.    #18  
    Thanks! Haven't had any problems with it in the 5 days since the issue. I redid my phone one more time and it seems much quicker actually. I didn't take any shortcuts this time lol. Not that the shortcuts were a big issue, just not luna restarting after ever install, which i did this time around. I hate verizon refurbs.
  18.    #19  
    ok! Well it just shut off again. Hmm. If it's software related I an deal, but if it's hardware I don't know what to do.
  19.    #20  
    And it was just sitting on a table... weird.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast