1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to surf in Windows 7 64 bit using USB tethering?

I need help. I have Sprint.
    I had trouble getting it to work at first. But I found that installing the USB Passthrough patch help.
  3.    #3  
    Can I get that throught preware?
    In the pre section, I have a thread titled Tethering! that might be of some help. I know the usb passthrough screwed with my phone, but doing it from cli using WOSQI worked great for me. I have focused on the usb tethering as I haven't gotten the other methods to work. Should be the same for you guys with pixi's, but I could be wrong. I am using windows 7 as well, but it's 32 bit.

Since WOSQI and the preware installer are both java files, it shouldn't matter if your os is 32 bit or 64bit. The rest is done on the phone. Your windows usb rndis device that is created when you plug in your pixi/pre into the usb port (while it's in usbnet mode) should be configured to use dhcp.
    Quote Originally Posted by scytherfwd View Post
    In the pre section, I have a thread titled Tethering! that might be of some help. I know the usb passthrough screwed with my phone, but doing it from cli using WOSQI worked great for me. I have focused on the usb tethering as I haven't gotten the other methods to work. Should be the same for you guys with pixi's, but I could be wrong. I am using windows 7 as well, but it's 32 bit.

Since WOSQI and the preware installer are both java files, it shouldn't matter if your os is 32 bit or 64bit. The rest is done on the phone. Your windows usb rndis device that is created when you plug in your pixi/pre into the usb port (while it's in usbnet mode) should be configured to use dhcp.
    While WOSQUI may be java, it relies on Novacom, which is a driver package provided by Palm. That may or may not work on 64-bit Windows 7, I don't know. It definitely works in 32-bit Windows 7 and Linux. Check out my thread here with more instructions.
    Unfortunately your directions only cover linux - which doesn't help in this case.

He could try to install WOSQI and find out though. This is one of the times where you just have try and see.
    Yes I have, but I'm using the MyTether app on an AT&T Pre Plus. That app has a usb tether mode and all I needed was to install a generic usb network driver in windows, which was included on the Windows 7 DVD.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
    Have you tried to install the Ethernet gadget device drivers? if not do a search on it and see if that helps I have a sprint pixi hybrid with wifi and use Mobil hot spot i know this porb. does not help you but if you can get your hands on a Verizon pixi plus radio board and install it then doctor it with the special sprint rom i have in my thread then you will not need usb this is if you have a sprint pixi