1.    #1  
    is anyone with the Pixi+ experiencing slowness when activating the camera application? Is the Palm Pre+ faster at starting the camera app then the Pixi+? My Pixi+ takes like almost 35 seconds sometimes to load the app completely.
    Yes, but i use uberkernel (dont know if it makes a difference). First time it loads is slow, but after that its pretty quick if used within a few hours. After a few hours it slows down again, i'm guessing the cache gets cleared and the app isn't in the memory anymore.
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    The Pixi will be slower than the Pre. My Pre Plus' camera load pretty quickly.
    I noticed that today. But that's the first time it's done it.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    is anyone with the Pixi+ experiencing slowness when activating the camera application? Is the Palm Pre+ faster at starting the camera app then the Pixi+? My Pixi+ takes like almost 35 seconds sometimes to load the app completely.
    I am running with the pixi and I have timed the camera launch to 6 sec to load. I do have the preware, Govnah installed on my pixi so it runs a little faster than when I first received it. Maybe if you do not already have it you can install it and see if that speeds it up.
    When I started I was having a similar issue until I installed it.
  6.    #6  
    I will try the ubberkenerl and see if a specific setting will make the camera launch quicker
    The camera on my Pre (non-plus, not overclocked) seems to take quite a while to load, though not as bad as what the OP describes.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  8. Ty
    This is my number one annoyance with my Sprint Pre. The damn camera takes so long to come up most of the time. The card loads, goes full screen but is grayed out, the image shows up but is still covered in a gray tint with no controls, then finally the gray goes away and the controls show up. It doesn't always take a while, sometimes it is a few seconds. Other times it is more like 15+ seconds. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It pains me to pick up a non-WebOS smartphone and the camera app opens instantly. I can't even guess how many photo opportunities I have missed because the camera app hung on startup or just took too long to open.
    Quote Originally Posted by ty View Post
    this is my number one annoyance with my sprint pre. The damn camera takes so long to come up most of the time. The card loads, goes full screen but is grayed out, the image shows up but is still covered in a gray tint with no controls, then finally the gray goes away and the controls show up. It doesn't always take a while, sometimes it is a few seconds. Other times it is more like 15+ seconds. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. It pains me to pick up a non-webos smartphone and the camera app opens instantly. I can't even guess how many photo opportunities i have missed because the camera app hung on startup or just took too long to open.
    agreed.
  10.    #10  
    this is the best way you have described as the symptoms of this camera app and I have an at&t Palm Pixi Plus, so it must be some sort of bug that needs to be address by the WebOS team.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    today my pixi ex Germany takes 6 sec to load camera, no preware stuff installed.
    must admit that at times when i use the phone intensively with different cards running it can take more than that for any app to load. The screen then also is less rsponsive. Have same issue with my Pre, main reason why my wife has put it aside for a BB.
    I also have a HTC Desire and it rocks always, never any delays, but i love the pixi formfactor

i guess you can not have it all ;-( yet
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chestvrg View Post
    I will try the ubberkenerl and see if a specific setting will make the camera launch quicker
    Please let me know if you find such setting and post it once you have confirmed that it speeds up the camera app at launch, thank you.