1.    #1  
    I thought for sure I had my Pre (which I no longer have) set up long ago NOT to vibrate or play any sound when a notification comes in during a call, but can't recall how to set that up. My wife enjoys her Pixi but it seems like every time she's on the phone the thing vibrates and rings, which not only drowns out who she's talking to but can be heard very prominently by the caller (I know, I've been on the other end).

Can someone help? Is there a patch/setting for this?

Thanks!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
    There's a patch for that. Scroll down to 'Disable' under the list of phone patches. I don't know the exact name off the top of my head.

**Edit
    As seen below, it's 'no alert during call' Disregard the 'disable' above.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 08/04/2010 at 01:00 PM.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Patch: "No Alert During Call"
    You can also hit the on/off button once to silence an incoming call

PalmOS: Zire71, Clie NX70V, LifeDrive, T|X
    WebOS: VZW Pixi Plus, now VZW PRE 2

If you use the No Alert During Call patch from preware does it just stop the sound or stop the text from coming through? How exactly does it work?
    Verizon Pixi Plus on 1.4.5 w/ Preware
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    Patch: "No Alert During Call"
    Isn't there a problem with this patch? Some people were reporting that their volume was turned down for other calls.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2056177
  7.    #7  
    Thanks. I was thinking there was a patch for this. However, I have small dilemma getting to it now. The PKG Manager service on my wife's Pixi seems too old and I get an error in Preware saying to reboot (which I did to no avail) or re-install the latest version. I am pretty sure I did NOT use webOS QI to load Preware initially since I had that set up on my computer to use with my Pre. Is there a way to re-load this without using webOS QI?

Quote Originally Posted by garnetlove View Post
    You can also hit the on/off button once to silence an incoming call
    Yes, but by that time you and your caller have had your ears buzzed and rung.

Thx!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen
    HTC Evo 4G w/Seidio Innocase Active Limited Edition Case < Palm Pre < Palm Pixi (wife) < Palm Treo 755p < Palm Centro (wife) < pa1mOne Treo 650 < Palm Tungsten|E (wife) < Palm Tungsten|T3 w/Sena Case < Sony Clie NR70 < Palm m505 < Palm m105 (wife) < Palm Vx < Palm Pilot Professional w/2 MB upgrade < Palm Pilot Professional < Sharp Zaurus ZR-3500 < Casio Digital Diary SF-4000 < Casio Digital Diary SF-1000
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Isn't there a problem with this patch? Some people were reporting that their volume was turned down for other calls.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2056177
    Did you notice the date on this thread? I am pretty sure I recall this being resolved long ago, especially since I think I recall using this patch on my Pre to accomplish what it promises and what I want.
    Mark A. Einersen
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Thanks. I was thinking there was a patch for this. However, I have small dilemma getting to it now. The PKG Manager service on my wife's Pixi seems too old and I get an error in Preware saying to reboot (which I did to no avail) or re-install the latest version. I am pretty sure I did NOT use webOS QI to load Preware initially since I had that set up on my computer to use with my Pre. Is there a way to re-load this without using webOS QI?

Yes, but by that time you and your caller have had your ears buzzed and rung.

Thx!
    ME
    Try this
    Uninstall package manager service, and delete it from the Preware saved package list. Then update Preware. You don't need package manager service for Preware anymore.

Pip
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Try this
    Uninstall package manager service, and delete it from the Preware saved package list. Then update Preware. You don't need package manager service for Preware anymore.

Pip
    How do I do this? Preware opens but with all the feeds grayed out.
    Mark A. Einersen
    I have the same problem with the phone vibrating while on a call. I do have my texts set to vibrate for one and half seconds and it does so when on a call even with the patch installed i wish there was a fix for this
    OnePalmAddict, you can still hook up the Pixi to your computer and use WebOS QI. I did it with my husband's Pixi (I have a Pre). It worked fine, there are feeds just for the Pixi.

I've had problems with that Patch. I've got it installed and still get notifications while I'm on a call and it has been turning down the volume and not turning it back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by OnePalmAddict View Post
    Did you notice the date on this thread? I am pretty sure I recall this being resolved long ago, especially since I think I recall using this patch on my Pre to accomplish what it promises and what I want.
    From what I remember, the problem has not been resolved. From what I have read in other posts,the patch works, but it seems to cause other problems.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the help, all. My computer, upon which I have webOS QI installed, is in the middle of some maintenance, so hopefully I can reload Preware soon on my wife's Pixi and and give the patch a try.

BTW, just a side note, yesterday my wife handed me her Pixi after a phone call and asked, "What does this mean?" On the screen was a message prompting her to restart (or reboot, don't recall the exact word). So I said tap it and she did. Moments later as I watched, another prompt came up with the options to either restart or do a full erase. Naturally chose a simple restart; however, the phone proceeded to do a complete and total reset--i.e., it started over with language selection, log into Palm profile, etc., etc. Fortunately all her apps were still present (less Preware, ironically) and all her data is synced to Google, so nothing was really lost except for her call/message logs. Very strange and unexpected.

Thx again!
    ME
    Mark A. Einersen